some of those pretty zinnias I see?

Home Forums Gardening All About Seeds some of those pretty zinnias I see?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by wisconsingal wisconsingal 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    wisconsingal
    wisconsingal
    Participant

I have just come from a garden walk, and see some gorgeous colors of zinnias that I hadn’t seen previously.  wondering if anyone might have some of these bright beautiful colored ones to share, I saw orange looked like cactus flowered ones, and red, well, put your eye out there.  I don’t have a lot of see to share YET, but would be willing to try and save some unusual things if I got some of these in exchange.

Would there be someone out there up to the challenge?

Thanks for a response.

wisconsingal

#4574694 Report Abuse

hopscotch
    Participant

I have some orange profusion zinnia seeds.  They only get about 10 inches tall.  My other zinnias are pink Lilliput, so not too much unusual there.

#4575150 Report Abuse
    wisconsingal
    wisconsingal
    Participant

If I could get a picture posted on this site, and am always disappointed they do not support such things, you could enjoy the beauty that I would love to share with all that are interested.  Just love orange as a color, so cheery, and they really caught my eye, there was no one at the walk who could answer what the name of the variety was, as there are so many zinnias, I only recognized the Green Envy zinnia, the others, the red and orange were breathtaking, and must be new, at least to me.  Thanks for the offer, I was not too much into zinnias, now, I see they are the late season bloomers, and during the misery we have had over this summer, lack of rain, they do tend to stand alone.

#4580718 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

You can just store you pics on your computer, go to http://www.tinypic.com and download the pick you want and copy the url for websites and forums line (just highlight the pathway by double clicking on it and hit Control C) and then come here to your reply and paste it (control V) and when you hit post, the picture will show up in your post.  If you stop and ask the people, I’d almost guarantee they’d let you take a seed head off one of each once they are dry and brown – gardeners are so good at sharing – and you should get quite a few seeds from just one seed head.

#4584147 Report Abuse
    wisconsingal
    wisconsingal
    Participant

It is not a personal gardner’s area that I went to, it was public, and I believe those things are frowned on there, know some nurseries even frown on taking a seed pod when you visit, so rather than feel guilty, and cause a ruckus, I will not push the envelope.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.