Wednesday on the VIP- July 4

Home Forums Gardening General Gardening Q&As Wednesday on the VIP- July 4

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by plantdoctorzn4 plantdoctorzn4 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Wow.  It’s only 10:00am and I just came back inside.   It is HOT outside.  I don’t think I’ll be transplanting any zinnia seedlings or potting perennials today.  This is definitely going to be a three-shower day.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#4559323 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Good morning everybody.  Happy 4th.  It is 88º & sunny.  I signed on this morning & couldn’t get to my E-Mail (1st thing that comes up) said a problem processing my request, try later.  So then I went to FB to check a couple of things.  Site Down.  Was wondering if y’all were going to be here or not but you are.

Going to go spend the afternoon & evening w/ my DB & SIL.  They bought a big motor home last year but only use it locally except for one or two trips a year.  They’re “Camping” this week.  Place has a pool & private beach so that’s where I’ll be this afternoon.  Then a cook out tonight & fireworks before coming back home.  My poor dog & cat will probably be thrilled to see me.  Hopefully there won’t be too many fireworks going off here before I get back.  The idiots here seem to wait till after 10 to start with the fireworks.  Cat will probably be under the bed when I get home.

I was going to water before I left but things don’t look too bad.  I did a couple of the pots & I think the rest can wait till tomorrow when I’ll soak them.  Got my grass cut yesterday, using the old reel mower.  Not bad.  If it didn’t need to be cut I just left it for later, like my front yard.  A different kind of grass & it’s not growing fast in this dry heat.

Sharon, sorry to hear about your Sister.  Did she pass recently? 

Del, we gave those pills to all the cats when we brought them from Md. to Tn.  Made them sleep & then they were fine the next day.  No way I could have taken 4 cats 500 mi w/o them & none of them used to riding in a vehicle.  Oh, and your MW is blooming.  Took a pic & will put it on Charlene’s thread in a couple of min.

I have a garden flag that is stars & stripes & a smaller one with an American flag as part of the design.  I put those out earlier this week & will leave them there till after the weekend.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#4559585 Report Abuse
    luvmyb_b
    luvmyb_b
    Participant

[quote user="plantdoctorzn4"]

Karen…how exciting for your town!  Will you as “1st lady” of your fair city get to meet and entertain the 1st lady of our country?  I think she’d be fun to hang out with. 

[/quote]

It is pretty exciting, Charlene, but we will be glad when tomorrow is over.  We’re exhausted.  I don’t think we are going to see Mrs. Obama this trip.  Tim has hinted, but no one from the campaign is buying it.  LOL!  I’d love to talk gardens with her.  That would be fun! 

SantaandbabyJesuschristmas photo SantaandbabyJesuschristmas.jpg
    Karen
    NW Ohio
    Zn5

#4559339 Report Abuse
    Lair
    Lair
    Participant

Good Morning everyone and Happy 4th!  I slept late, 8:30 and it was already 92* and is going up to 104* and the humidity is 90%.  Just real hard to breath for me.  I’m watering a few things but don’t know why, they will burn up anyway.  Maybe I can just keep them alive for the JB to eat. 

No news on Tim, his doctor is out of town until next week so this week all the appointments are just for tests.  When all the test results are in then we meet with the doctor and make a game plan on what will be done.

I am just going to try to stay cool today and wait for Sunday when our high temp will be under a 100*.  we have a 20% chance of rain then too. 

I hope everyone has a good day and make the best of whatever your plans are.  Lair

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.