Boy did we have a doosie………………….

Home Forums Gardening General Gardening Q&As Boy did we have a doosie………………….

This topic contains 9 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Gayle Gayle 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

albertagran
    Participant

A terrible thunderstorm just went through Edmonton, and it just poured…….don’t have to water tonight………Something around here got hit because there was a crack of lightening right over us and then a loud crash and a few minutes later we could hear sirens. Over the past 50 years we have had two trees hit by lightening and I am always waiting for third. I hate electrical storms.

#4559089 Report Abuse
    auntcon
    auntcon
    Participant

Sorry about that-Glad YOU are okay.

Find more about Weather in Papillion, NE

#4559091 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

We are suppose to get another one tonight but nothing serious.  However, tomorrow could be another subject.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#4559097 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

Call me nuts but I am still waiting for a big storm, love em…..Kathy

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#4559102 Report Abuse
    jcolbert40
    jcolbert40
    Participant

Me, too, Kathy!  My DD and I used to sit on the porch and watch all the lightning and listen to the thunder and rain.  Must be why she’s not afraid of storms!  We are supposed to get some t storms tonight…

My name photo Myname.gif

#4559227 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

That storm the other night did the same thing Maxine, hit a barn and burnt it to the ground and hit a tree and wiped half of a home out (another reason I don’t want a big tree in my yard but my neighbors have some that could wipe my house out too. LOL)  Joanne I did that with puppy when she was just a few months old (she was going crazy) so I got her all excited by getting on the floor with her kneeling at the window and oohed and awwwed and did the woohoo thing.  now when there is a storm here JB is going nuts and she is like WOOHOO and gets puppy power and runs and plays throwing her toys in the air.  A storm is a celebration for her. LOL  I love them too, always have and love being in a barn during a storm with the doors slid open and the smell of the rain, ahhhh, I miss that (stinking ex). LOL  Not been in a barn since we split up, don’t even know anyone that owns one besides sis’ farm 1 1/2 hours away.

#4559283 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

I will pass the storms, thank you.  We had a shower last night and early this morning, but no storm with it.  I have big maples so that is a worry, but love the shade they provide.  I saw lightning strike a tree in the woods across the street many years ago and we had TV get hit by it one year, and melted it all.  We get some strong winds here all the time, but nervous when thunderstorm is near.  We have seen straight line winds in action before here, too.  They do some damage as many of you already know.

#4559316 Report Abuse

razzmataz
    Participant

I like a good thunderstorm, too, as long as I have shelter……the wind that took our gazebo over into the front yard apparently took down a huge tree over across the hollow from our deck……so glad we had all the big ones taken out that could have reached our house had they fallen

#4559325 Report Abuse

lrainstar
    Participant

Here in Ohio we had a storm last Fri, our electric went out and we just got it back last night,  so we had no Ac and no hotels to be found any where but we made it. Survivor that would be me.

#4559335 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

OMG so you were one of the people there in Ohio w/o power.  Glad you got it back finally.  In times like that we do what we have to.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.