OT………another prayer request please!

Home Forums Gardening General Gardening Q&As OT………another prayer request please!

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by skippydel13zone6KY skippydel13zone6KY 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

razzmataz
    Participant

Just got back from going with Bob to get results of MRI that the chiropractor had recommended.  Good thing he had it done.  Shows he has osteomyelitis, or ‘diskitis’, and they are sending him right away for a consultation with a surgeon.  The surgeon may deem it possible to treat it with antibiotics, but very likely that he will have to have surgery.  This, on top of the recent diagnosis that he most likely has Parkinson’s although in a very early stage, has really thrown us both for a loop.  He has been so healthy for the most part, now it seems like things are falling apart fast.  I have to go back tomorrow morning for ‘more views’ on my mammogram, but have had to do that before and it has always just been ‘benign changes’ so praying that is the case tomorrow as well….but also, my foot that has been giving me problems is getting worse.  I’ve been wearing the inserts, but I know I should probably stay off it every minute I am not @ work, but so far I have been gritting my teeth and bearing it, but it is so sore right now I am limping and it is affecting my left knee and my back………..Oh, well, the joys of aging, I guess!

#4558664 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

Razz my sister suffers terribly with flat feet and her I have high arches, she said why couldn’t us two have equaled out. LOL  They do hurt your feet at first, your feet are so sore, then when you get use to them, it hurts not to wear them.  There are exercises on that website Steve posted but you probably do need specially made inserts to fit your bone structure that probably has shifted bad.  You have broken arches apparently.

#4558650 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Wanda….I will keep both you & Bob in my thoughts and prayers….all of my fingers are crossed that you both get positive results soon.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4558644 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Praying for both of you.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#4558634 Report Abuse

razzmataz
    Participant

Well, I don’t have heel pain…..that may be the only spot on my right foot that doesn’t hurt! LOL…….I’m not gonna whine about this….I know there are many with much more severe problems than this.  My DM has suffered with RA for about 30 years….started when she was in her early 40s…and it wracked her body within a matter of a few years…..she has suffered, and continues to suffer,  so much pain, and done it with grace and strength.  I’ll try to be like her!

#4558631 Report Abuse

razzmataz
    Participant

LOL….Del and Steve, guess I was typing this as you all were!  Del, I actually have NO arch support…..my foot leaves the whole print.  When I was a kid, mine were like yours, and now they are flat as boards…..so guess its a different kind of problem….gonna go check out the link Steve posted.

#4558627 Report Abuse

razzmataz
    Participant

thank you all so much for your prayers.  I know they help!  Steve and Gayle….yes, I have been to the foot doc.  He said I just have oddly shaped bones in my feet, and I do need special inserts.  I do ok when I wear them, but still hurts and is always sore.  At times I have an intense burning pain in the ball of my foot, and also along the outer edge of my foot is very painful….feels like a sprained or fractured bone.  Doc says the bone scan didn’t show any kind of fracture…..but am starting to consider a second opinion.  He did say if the inserts did not help I should come back to see  him and may have to consider custom orthotics.  He didn’t say stay off it til it heals, and he knows I work….so I have just been trying to go on with things as much as possible.  I think I will schedule to go back to see him and see if he thinks I need to be off it completely, like non weight bearing for a period of time for it to heal. Steve, what is the site you went to?  Several years ago I ordered the walk fit inserts, as I was having trouble with having no arch support in my feet, Those inserts consisted of three different level pads that went into the main insert so you could work up to the highest level of arch support, but they didn’t do much, well, I didn’t stay with it enough I guess to get used to it and made my feet feel more sore than they were. I’m willing to look into or take any advice to try….never know what might help.

#4558622 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Below is the link I was talking about. You can copy and paste it. I so far have been impressed with the first weeks results.

http://www.heel-that-pain.com/

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#4558624 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

Cool website, thanks. Is yours in the heel or the arch?  Mine is the arch of my foot (I have really high arches and leave a footprint with no arch, just a slim line on the side of my foot). LOL

#4558616 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

I can answer for Wanda that she has been to the doctor and she does have the inserts, Steve at first it kinda makes them ache (I have it too) but then you really feel the difference.  I think mine are called Slimlines.  Until last week I finally broke over and painted my toenails and wore sandals, I can’t wear them with sandals and WOW can you tell the difference without the inserts if your on your feet (which you are your entire shift just like Wanday) so from now on I only buy sandals that have built in supports which do help.  Also taking a tennis ball and rolling it in the arch of your foot is suppose to help stretch it out. The massage guy actually worked on my feet for that the one time, I was like OMG and he said bare with me, I did and my gardening shoes didn’t even bother me for a week or two.  Dag, wish he was my brother or neighbor so he’d work on me at home. LOL  Now he’s all the way across town (on a horribly busy place) which takes me almost 45 to 50 minutes to get home from.  Sniff sniff, I miss him working on my ole body!  Razz I continue to pray for Bob and you too.

#4558607 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Wanda of course we all will keep y’all in our prayers. Guess I have missed about your foot problems. Can I ask if its that infamous plantar factis ( I know its not spelled right). If thats what it is I have had the same problem in both feet. I may have found an easy cure you can order. My left foot has bothered me for well over a year now and not long ago I saw on our local community forum a person said this site cured their foot of that. I was skeptical but desperate to find help without going back to a doctor for  more painful shots and drawn out doctor visits. I have now been wearing the inserts I ordered for about a week now and I am now hopeful this is going to be the cure I have been looking for. So far I’m beginning to get a little impressed.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#4558590 Report Abuse
    Grandmaof2
    Grandmaof2
    Participant

Praying that both of you will be able to get the help needed to get better and back on your feet soon.

Click for Orangeburg, South Carolina Forecast

#4558579 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Sorry to hear that about your DH.  Maybe the Dr.will try antibiotics first & then, if necessary, surgery.  I didn’t know about the Parkinson’s.

I was wondering how your foot was & was going to ask you several times but since you hadn’t mentioned it I figured it must have gotten better.  Apparently not.  Stay off it girl.  Both of you can’t be laid up.  I forget, did you go to the Dr. for your foot?

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#4558575 Report Abuse

tinaintn7
    Participant

Wanda, you will both be in my prayers, you have alot to deal with, I cant imagine how stressed out you must be right now.

#4558556 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Adding prayers.  May the Lord strengthen both of you.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.