Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Monday 7/02/12

Home Forums Gardening General Gardening Q&As Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Monday 7/02/12

This topic contains 23 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Starting a little early tonight but just saw on TV that theres a cluster of storms to my northwest moving this way. If they hold together we may have a storm in the next hour or two and when it storms I am pretty quick to turn off my computer. So anyway I have another phlox picture.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#4558213 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

My pink phlox is just starting to bloom.  The white has been blooming for a little more than a week, I guess.

Giant Calla.  I want to say I didn’t plant this.  Actually I did but it was supposed to be something else.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#4558207 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

Love your phlox Steve. I saw tonight that my pale pink phlox is blooming now. I will need to get a pic tomorrow.

I had so many extra glad bulbs that I didn’t dig them up last fall but lo and behold I had some growing from those bulbs this spring. This is one of them……Kathy

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#4558205 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Hope you get some rain Steve.

Part of a flower garden

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#4558686 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Wendy… I see a good variety of flowers in your flower bed. Those phlox of course gets my attention first…….. Yes we got plenty of rain last night. A little over 2 inches.

Kathy… I have always been a big fan of glads.  If there were some that would stand up and not fall over so bad I’d love to grow them again.

Gayle… Nice calla lily. I always like seeing variegated foliage.

MDgreenery… What a pretty daisy as well as lily…………yep made it through the storm just fine other than my corn making its normal visit to the ground.

Deloris… Your phlox is really nice looking. You also do have a nice looking little gnome guy in there.

Sandy… Love those cone flowers. I didn’t realize they grew in a red or orange looking color.

Leroy… Thats a beautiful hibiscus. Those are always big beautiful flowers.

Charlene… You have some really nice looking rudbeckia. By the way they look I expect they attract butterflies quiet a bit.

Giddey… Pretty columbine again and I have always been a big fan of snowball bushes.

Stella… You have a nice group of flowers today and those fish would be a lot of fun for sure. Good to have a neighbor to share flowers with you too. Nice looking flower bed there in front of your house as well.

Giddey… Thats  a really pretty clematis as well. Great closeup of it with the water drops on it.

[color=violet] Thanks for all of todays great pictures and comments. [/color]

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#4558606 Report Abuse
    Grandmaof2
    Grandmaof2
    Participant

My spiderworts came from my next door neighbor’s, on their own. The main beds of them seem to be dying back, but they are spreading. I see them pop up everywhere. They are pretty when they are blooming, but then I have to cut them back because they start dying and falling over when it gets hot.

Click for Orangeburg, South Carolina Forecast

#4558560 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

I got my spiderwort from Charlene.  It has spread a little but is mostly well behaved.  I like it.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#4558557 Report Abuse
    Lair
    Lair
    Participant

[quote user="growingranny_va_z7"]Stella your plant is Tradescantia…[/quote]

I call it Spiderwort.  I have a blue and pink ones.  They have been very nice for 10 years and then last summer I have the blue one coming up all over the yard and beds.  I guess the winters are getting milder and changing some plants.  Lair

#4558492 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Stella, another name for it is Widow’s Tears.  I have some but it doesn’t grow wild here at all.  I did see some new plants in the bed this year but nowhere else.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#4558441 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Thanks Molly.  I guess it all depends on the weather patterns why some of you have plants that here we have to bow down to them to grow.  This plant is taking it’s sweet time to get even one new growth.  I won’t complain if you say it can become somewhat invasive.  I will keep an eye on it. At the rate our temeperatures are right now, this may become an invasive plant even in our area….hope not if that’s the case….hmmm!

Stella
    Community Team Member

#4558388 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

Stella your plant is Tradescantia…something that grows wild here and I am constantly pulling it out of beds. It is pretty but would take over if I let it. 

It is strange to see Leroy’s hibiscus blooming … none of mine are blooming yet…except the tropicals.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#4558354 Report Abuse
    GiddeyUp
    GiddeyUp
    Blocked

Clematis (Empress) …

photo 2.gif

#4558350 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Yesterday I posted one side of the front lawn.  this is the other side of the front of the house….right next to the cedars that I just about massacared…hmmmm.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#4558349 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Here is a plant that my neighbour gave me.  I don’t know the name, but it’s one of my favorite I got from her.  Can anyone tell me the name?  Thanks!

Stella
    Community Team Member

#4558347 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

A little bit of everything here.  These fisheeeeees (lo), are like pets.  They come to greet me so I can feed them.  The large ones overwintered in my pond.

Stella
    Community Team Member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.