I surrender!!!

Home Forums Gardening General Gardening Q&As I surrender!!!

This topic contains 25 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by skippydel13zone6KY skippydel13zone6KY 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

I pay $30 a month,billed quarterly @$90.  Up till last year we were paying $20 quarter but then a new company took over our water company & raised the rates.  Couldn’t complain too much; the old price had been in effect for years & the co. was going bankrupt.  The main problem is the water looks, smells & tastes horrible.  I don’t know anybody here that actually drinks it even though they say it’s perfectly safe.  New owner is supposed to make all these upgrades & improvements.  Haven’t seen any yet,  I don’t even give it to my dog.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#4558597 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Trying to decide whether or not I should be cruel and tell y’all what I pay for water. Well I can’t resist. Just got my last water bill this past Friday. It was a grand total of $14.62. I have watered more in the last few days (not counting today) but right now I expect my next water bill may hit somewhere around $30 if we get more rains like last like we got last night. If we get no more rain then I’ll have a slightly larger water bill but honestly I’m lucky to live in an area where we don’t have a lot of water problems.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#4558594 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

TG we pay a flat fee for now.  But meters are coming in the future.  How soon I’m not sure.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#4558543 Report Abuse

razzmataz
    Participant

Well, after getting the water bill today…..$103 and change…….I may have to surrender, too and let stuff live or die! 

#4558476 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

Good news. I have 2 more shoots on the cactus that Chaarlene sent ne in Dec. Little dif in temp today!. Alma

<*)~// Tealbird

#4558448 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

I gave up on my trip to SE IOwa. Too hot to be on the road.  Will make to Dr. They have Valet parking so the car will be cool to get back on I80 and stright home. and 4 miles south. I know I can make that. Will check in on Thur. Alma

<*)~// Tealbird

#4558292 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

I went out to hang my sheets up and was so surprised…it actually felt cool outside. A nice breeze coming from the west. I piled up all of the limbs can crap that was all over the back yard now to get myself out there and do the rest of the yard. Apparently Steve didn’t lose power last night, I am happy for him for that.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#4558284 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

I think a big part of our high humidity is from the big storms that rolled through last night and so far this  morning we still have  quiet a few clouds around.

Community Team Member

#4558263 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Wow…everyone’s humidity is really high this morning!  Also the temps are exceptionally warm….

Welcome, everyone to summer 2012….lol.  I think it is going to be a long summer at this rate.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4558256 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

I see Steve’s weather tag is showing 98% humidity, when I woke this morning it was 93% and now that the sun is up, even with cooler temps, you can feel the heat. But with it having been at least 103 by the weatherman (my pool deck was showing 105 yesterday afternoon, to say the least, I had a POOL full of people and my friend was happy to not be home since her air was out. LOL  Today will only be 98 but suppose to be higher temps, we’ve had desert-like weather, they said it was arid (whatever that means) weather with high temps and super dry air, the sun would cook you and you could see it radiating off everything distorting your vision. LOL

#4558216 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Molly hopefully after a good nights sleep you’ll feel much better in the morning as y’all head out for NY lol.

Community Team Member

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.