I surrender!!!

Home Forums Gardening General Gardening Q&As I surrender!!!

This topic contains 25 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by skippydel13zone6KY skippydel13zone6KY 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

The temp on my back porch right now is 100º and it is the same in the greenhouse. More of the straps on the shade cloth broke in last nights wind and some of the plants on the front benches are toast tonight.  It is cloudy and so still there isn’t a bit of air moving out there. But I did get all of the pots watered and the greenhouse now I am heading to the shower to cool off. When I came in my water conditioner was charging and it never charges this time of the day…with the power being off the other day and night it thinks it is 3 AM. So it is finished charging now so I can hit the shower. If this heat continues much longer I am going to give up and let everything die that can’t fend for itself.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#4558206 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Irt’s 81º with 69% humidity.  AC has not stopped running since mid morning. 

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#4558203 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Well,  I reserved the time off from work next week when there was a discussion of a possible gathering for this year.  Now I have the time off and no gathering.  If you’re all meeting at Joanne’s, I’ll meet you there.  70º here now.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#4558200 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

We have the same temps as you in the south…the difference being…at this time Del’s siggy says 57% humidity…Molly”s says 67%….and our current reading is 77% humidity.  I can NOT stand this heat and humidity….help!!!!  cHARLENE

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4558187 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

Be careful what you ask for Joann…you might find quite a few of us on your doorstep in the morning. 

#4558161 Report Abuse
    jcolbert40
    jcolbert40
    Participant

Our high today was 85, but it’s 73 right now with the humidity at 66%.  Come on up to central NY, we’ll cool you off!

It’s down to 63 now, but the humidity is up to 87%…this is at 10:20 PM….

My name photo Myname.gif

#4558127 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

Well my thermometer outside is reading 96 (and it feels SO humid you can’t breath) but we have a severe thunderstorm warming and I’m praying we’ll get some rain.  I watered this morning and things were hanging limply this afternoon and I had to crawl out of the pool and water again and everything is mulched.  I’m about in the same mind frame Molly, I give up, things are actually burnt not from lack of water but just the intense sun.  Wind is starting to pick, please Lord give us some rain!  My poor friend Felicia’s air went out Saturday morning, so she has been staying with me all weekend, should be fixed tomorrow.

#4558117 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

[quote user="SunshineNY6"]

Molly, you can come on up here if you want to cool off.

[/quote]

Can she bring me with her?  LOL 

#4558114 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Molly, you can come on up here if you want to cool off.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#4558092 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

[quote user="growingranny_va_z7"]I am just hot and tired and disgusted tonight. [/quote]

I can definitely understand that.

#4558088 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

Yes Gayle I can change the time now that I know it is off.  I am just hot and tired and disgusted tonight. 

#4558082 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Your weather sticker says 83º  I think it is so hot, they’ve given up recording it.  LOL  My I/O says 87º & Weatherbug says 93º  AC has a hard time with this heat.   Rarely shuts off. Can you change the time on your recharger.  Don’t have one of those.

#4558079 Report Abuse

ah64a
    Participant

[quote user="growingranny_va_z7"]I am going to give up and let everything die that can’t fend for itself.[/quote]

Hang in there baby. Tomorrow is a new day. And I hope its better then today. LOL

#4558614 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

Well it didn’t hit over 100 today so I feel blessed.  The 1/4th inch of rain we got evaporated I think before I left for work as it was like fog on our windshields on the outside.  BIG pots had plants wilting when I got home and birdbaths half dry, pool has dropped a good 3 inches. AGH  My basic bill is $35 minimum but that is water/sewer and garbage pickup.  $65 for the month of May, I’d say a good $120 or I might choke and it’ll be more than that.  Should be coming to read the meter, to think of it, I should go fill the pool up NOW and hope they didn’t come today and at least I can get a sewer adjustment cause I have a pool, unless you have a pool or water leak, you can’t get the once a year adjustment. LOL

#4558608 Report Abuse

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

I agree with you, Charlene ~~~ I think (at this rate) it is going to be a very loooong, HOT summer for all of us.

Being my day off today, I started outside very early to finish picking up remains from the neighbors tree shedding leaves terribly in last evenings’ hard winds etc.  Before I realized it , I had been outside (so enjoyable) nearly 3 hours but it was getting hot/humid so I came inside.

Hubby mentioned that our inside weather station thermometer said it was 97.4* @ 3 PM this afternoon.  UGH !!!

It is now nearly 9 PM and becoming a bit more tolerable for the evening here.  Hubby is outside watering where he had to replant grass seed from having our well replaced early this spring.  CANNOT get the grass to even start growing ~~~ :(

Tonight is the first night since Friday that we haven t had overnight “”guests”" due to the storm in town taking out the electricity so the house is quiet. Some (in town) will not get power back again until next Saturday.

Back to work tomorrow so don t know if or what time I ll get to stop in here with everyone again but please, everyone, stay hydrated and as cool as possible .  It IS going to be a long, hot summer ~~~

Marilyn

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.