OH OH—I THINK IOWA FEET ARE JINXED

Home Forums Gardening General Gardening Q&As OH OH—I THINK IOWA FEET ARE JINXED

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Jan Jan 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Grandmaof2
    Grandmaof2
    Participant

I can see where the hawthorne could do some real damage. Those things are sharp, and mine is only a little tree.

Hope your foot heals fast. Ouch!

Sounds like broken toes never really heal completely. Can you tell the weather by yours? lol

Click for Orangeburg, South Carolina Forecast

#4557994 Report Abuse
    Grandmaof2
    Grandmaof2
    Participant

Why does my weather thingy say Clear, but it is cloudy with thunder here now. One county over is under a thunderstorm watch. The 98 degrees I believe, but it isn’t really clear.

Click for Orangeburg, South Carolina Forecast

#4557998 Report Abuse
    Jan
    Jan
    Participant

Not my toe–but my wrists more so & neither of them were ever broken

#4558010 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Jan….I’d advise dowsing that with Hydrogen peroxide….you don’t want to get infection in your foot!  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#416190 Report Abuse
    Jan
    Jan
    Participant

First Charlene breaks a toe

Now I step on a small branch –damned thing was either from the Bradford pear of the Hawthorne as it has huge thorns–went straight thru my shoe into the ball of my foot.

YAHOO just what I need!!

I broke my toe next to my big toe what I was a kid–fell off the clothe line pole trying to “skin the cat”.  The joint on that toe is twice the size of the same toe on the other foot.

#4558014 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

What is with you Iowa gals and your feet? I would actually soak my foot with peroxide Jan any puncture wound can be bad.  I just went out and turned the water off to the pool, don’t know how much cooler the water might be but it feels pretty darned inviting to me so I will go out soon, water, take a dip, water, take another dip and hopefully get the watering done before dark.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#4558020 Report Abuse
    Lair
    Lair
    Participant

Jan, why does your weather thingy say it is 89*, I am only 10 miles from you and I have 95*, Sorry about your foot but if I were you I would put an onion poultice on it.  They work great!  Lair

#4558038 Report Abuse
    Jan
    Jan
    Participant

Beats the daylights out me Lair–probably the same reason one weather thingy sitting on the window says 89.1 degrees & the one right next to it says 93 degrees.

Let’s see what my one below says

#4558039 Report Abuse
    Jan
    Jan
    Participant

That one show 88 degrees

From watching the weather channel when Allen was around–everybody east of Chicago–stay safe this evening

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.