PHOTO ALBUM….seed train and flowers from friends on B&B

Home Forums Gardening General Gardening Q&As PHOTO ALBUM….seed train and flowers from friends on B&B

This topic contains 103 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by skippydel13zone6KY skippydel13zone6KY 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

I think this thread is a great idea! I will have to get some pics together for this. I got the white 4:00s but they got so tall so fast they laid over instead of standing up straight. I have a lot of new ones that probably came from Donna a few years ago and they have seeded in all over the place but they are not blooming yet. I have so many things in fact over half of my flowers came from people here on the board so I need to get that together.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#4557815 Report Abuse

ah64a
    Participant

Here is one from Charlene last year. I think!!

#4557810 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

Petunias from the train, I think from Leslie. I used them to shade the clematis roots but as usual anything I try to do to help the clematis along doesn’t work, lol. 2 of the 4 died and the other 2 are just plain ugly, not lush and full what so ever……Kathy

I want to at least try to save seed from the yellow and frosty purple. Didn’t realize how easy they were to start from seed.

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#4557790 Report Abuse

mcjughead
    Participant

Charlene,  this will be  very interesting to watch as others post their photos too!  

Yours looks so pretty,  thanks for sharing. 

Jane

#4558678 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

Gary, Razzmatazz (Wanda) made me that for my 50th birthday (neighbors saw me pulling it up out of my granny’s washtub of water and said is that REAL?  We thought that was fake flowers. LOL  Sorry Wanda that happened.  Even watering in the morning this weekend by afternoon things were wilted in the pots and these are those BIG pots, sun has burnt a lot of leaves on things too, it SUCKS.  No wonder people with mild temps can have nice gardens, with heat and humidity its hard.  Sorry I didn’t  take pics tonight but will add more from my flower friends here hopefully soon.

#4558671 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

[quote user="growingranny_va_z7"] I try to remember where most of them came from but between CRS and tags that have faded through the years I can’t remember who gave some of them to me.[/quote]

Molly….post the pics and we will help you out if we can as to where they came from…..that is if our CRS lets us remember….lol

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4558518 Report Abuse

razzmataz
    Participant

Wow, Del, the wreath is looking good, really filling in! You are doing a great job of keeping it watered! Before we went camping I took the one I still have for my other friend and put it under the shade of the gazebo because I was keeping it laying under the edge of the motor home and didn’t want it to dry up in the sun…….well, those darn high winds blew the gazebo over the top of the house and destroyed it and of course all my pots and the wreath were bone dry! going to cut the plants all off and water it well and I think it will pop right back out……..hopefully!

I will try to get some pics of things as well to post here……….

#4558511 Report Abuse

ah64a
    Participant

[quote user="skippydel13zone6KY"]

From Wanda (Razzmatazz)

WOW! there did you make that?

[/quote]

#4558510 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

[quote user="growingranny_va_z7"]can’t remember who gave some of them to me. I will get pics soon of the ones I know [/quote]

If you want just say from a B&B Member.

Poppies from Charlene & the seed train.  I was so thrilled with these & gathered the seeds today so I’m hoping for a repeat performance next year.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#4558229 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

A majority of my yard is from friends so I will post a few right now and add more when I get pics when I have more time.  From Charlene (plantdoctor) I have white abutilon

From Wanda (Razzmatazz)

Lisianthus from Kathy

Swan River Daisy from Donna

I’ll post more tonight as have many more things from others

#4558226 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

I just realized that I added seeds to the seed train but didn’t take any since I got so many from the gathering that I just wanted to be first to add my seeds. I would guess that over half of the plants I have here came from people here on the board. I try to remember where most of them came from but between CRS and tags that have faded through the years I can’t remember who gave some of them to me. I will get pics soon of the ones I know came from people here. But I do love to see other’s pics so glad this thread will continue.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#4558218 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Looks like y’all shared quiet a few seeds and are now reaping the rewards.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#4559138 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Perfusion Zinnia from Deloris

Cherokee (Rubeckia?) from Leslie

Pyrethum from Charlene

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#4559013 Report Abuse

mcjughead
    Participant

Lime Sorbet Columbine I received from Del last summer.     Thanks Del !

Jane

#4558900 Report Abuse
    Grandmaof2
    Grandmaof2
    Participant

Charlene, you say half of your yard is from friends, and it seems almost everyone here says a lot of theirs came from you. So how can that be? [:)]

Click for Orangeburg, South Carolina Forecast

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.