PHOTO ALBUM….seed train and flowers from friends on B&B

Home Forums Gardening General Gardening Q&As PHOTO ALBUM….seed train and flowers from friends on B&B

This topic contains 103 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by skippydel13zone6KY skippydel13zone6KY 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Del went to alot of work to organize the seed train. (thank you, Del) Many of us benefitted from it, so I think it would be nice to share some of our rewards with eachother.  Also, many of us share seeds and plants in addition to the seed train exchange….picture them here as well.

We can keep this bumped and add photos as the summer and the gardens progress…..still continue to post pics on Steve’s pic of the day!  I love that thread!

I will start with my “BIGGEST”  success from the seed train.  These are white nicotiana seed from Leslie.  The packet says that they get 3 ft tall.  My seeds could not read because they are already 4 1/2 ft tall and I think they are not done growing.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Look at the size of these leaves….that is a dinner napkin!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This pic has flowers from 3 friends here…..I got the pink Lavatera from ldrz (Pam) several years ago.  The purple Monarda are from Del….and the zebrina in the back are from Kathy.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4558204 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

Bee Balm from Charlene……….Kathy

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#4558201 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

[quote user="SunshineNY6"]I had such beautiful blooms and I can’t believe I never saved any seeds from it.[/quote]

I bet I know where you can get more seeds if you’d like some, Wendy….lol  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4558164 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Lavatera (sp?) from Charlene 2010.  I had such beautiful blooms and I can’t believe I never saved any seeds from it.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#4558086 Report Abuse

flowerpowerzone5
    Participant

Well I’ll try to post again. Charlene what a great thread to start.And thankyou Del for doing the seed train.I sure did save a great deal in money starting my own and learned alot also.Here is Amaranthus from Gayle and Castor Beans from Del.Sandy

#4558012 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I’ve got a couple more pics…..

Dinosaur Kale from Del

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Melampodium fom Leroy on the seed train:

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4557933 Report Abuse
    Grandmaof2
    Grandmaof2
    Participant

Your flowers are beautiful, Charlene. My taller things are falling over and some things just aren’t growing. I will need to see what I have, but it is way to hot out there right now. Maybe late this afternoon or early in the morning. I know I have posted pics on Steve’s threads of a few things. This heat is beginning to take it’s toll on some things. We had such a pleasant, cool spring and then when the heat came it was in full force.

Maybe I will take a pic of my tiny green nicotiana from Wendy that is still in a cup but blooming. I was going to give it to DS, but haven’t been up there in a while.

Click for Orangeburg, South Carolina Forecast

#4557917 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

[quote user="plantdoctorzn4"]We can keep this bumped and add photos as the summer and the gardens progress[/quote]

Yes….Gayle.  I have lots that haven’t started blooming yet…and some are and I haven’t gotten them photographed yet.  Half of my yard is from friends here….remember, I have been here for almost 7 yrs.  I have flowers from friends here…and the friends aren’t here any more. Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4557899 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

This is a good idea.  I usually try to post pictures of the plants I rec. from friends when they  bloom.  But I’ll put them here.  Is it going to be ongoing?  I have a lot.

I posted this yesterday but will put it here.  Crocosmia  from Del

Bee Balm, also from Del

And I was going to post this one anyway.  Thought of it when I was watering today. Del, do you remember how small this was when you sent it to me?
    Crepe Myrtle

BTW I didn’t know Nicotania got that tall.  I always pictured it as less than a foot tall.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#4557881 Report Abuse

ah64a
    Participant

As you can still see that I am taking cutting from one of the cutting I got . And have given a lot to my friends. See new cutting in the window.

#4557879 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Gary…your 1st pic is Cerveza (beer) and Lime Plectranthus.  The 2nd one is also in the plecranthus family, but commonly referred to as Swedish Ivy.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4557880 Report Abuse

ah64a
    Participant

[quote user="plantdoctorzn4"]The 2nd one is also in the plecranthus family, but commonly referred to as Swedish Ivy.  [/quote]

OH! I thought it was a english Ivy!

#4557873 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Charlene, the nicotania is humongeous.

Asters from Charlene.

Irish Eyes Rubeckia originally from Kathy

Poppies from Charlene

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#4557870 Report Abuse

ah64a
    Participant

Here is one more I got from a cutting.

#4557863 Report Abuse

ah64a
    Participant

SSent we are on the subject of the seed train. Are you all going to have one this year?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.