Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Sunday 7/01/12

Home Forums Gardening General Gardening Q&As Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Sunday 7/01/12

This topic contains 17 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Not a lot of flowers in this picture but its my tomato plants. They are really looking good this year and even though you can’t see them in this picture there are quiet a few green tomatoes hiding in those plants.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#4558198 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Gayle… What nice looking day lilies you always have. You sure must know just where to put them and what to do for them.

Kathy… You phlox is beautiful as usual. I just started growing phlox a few years ago and they have become one of my favorites pretty quickly.

Molly… Sorry about your pot but something tells me you would rather have a broken pot than a messed up geranium so that came out pretty good. Its also good that your bird bath is hopefully going to be ok as well.

Sandy… Nice looking lilies. I see them quiet often but haven’t ever tried growing any myself. It looks like yours have a great place to grow.

Wendy… Those snapdragons sure are looking good as well. Ihope to have some flowers this year to reseed as well. In past years in the fall after our first freeze I would dig up everything but this year I’m gonna leave everything till late winter or early spring.

Charlene… Wow what a beautiful bed that is. I just don’t know how you do all those great flower beds and containers.

Gary… I always enjoy seeing pictures of flowers with butterflies and bees on them and your picture has both.

Charlene… I’m always amazed at how much difference a month can make. Yours sure did fill in fast.

Stella… Your hosta and delphiniums both look good and I see lilies in both of your pictures.

Jane… Nice looking clematis. Sure is nice having plants around for that long of a time.

Giddeyup… Good looking columbine there. Don’t think I have saw any columbine that full before.

Stella… Oh yes that bed has been doing a lot of growing. Looks like it has filled in nicely.

Molly… That wind must have been something. Hopefully your heater won’t be damaged from the water.

[color=purple] Thanks everyone for yet another great day of pictures and comments. [/color]

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#4558009 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Gary…what a pretty butterfly on your coneflowers…

Jane…that is a beautiful clematis.  I bet you do miss that nursery.

Giddey…pretty as always

Stella….I agree with Molly…not overgrown, just nice and full and pretty.  I think those other flowers look like delphiniums.

Molly….I’d make sure that heater was good and dry before trying it out.  We don’t want you to get “lit up”….lol.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4558011 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

Believe me Charlene I will wait a good long time before I try it out. [;)]

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#4557851 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

NOT overgrown Stella just full and beautiful in my eyes!

I am going to attempt a couple more pics:

Chair jammed on pool steps:

The front of the greenhouse, there was an electric heater soaking wet in there, haven’t tried it to see if it was damaged:

That is all that Verizon will let me do for now.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#4557831 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

To think just 5 years ago there was nothing growing in the front of the house except along the driveway.  Seems to be a bit overgrown….LOL

Stella
    Community Team Member

#4557826 Report Abuse
    GiddeyUp
    GiddeyUp
    Blocked

Great pictures everyone … too bad about the storm gg …

Columbine …

photo 2.gif

#4557794 Report Abuse

mcjughead
    Participant

Steve, your tomatoes look great !

Charlene, what a difference just 1 month made in your annual bed.  Looks nice!

I just love those big hostas, along with the beautiful phlox and day lilies too.

Snaps are such a beautiful color !

Gary, your coneflowers are looking good !

This is a clematis that I bought at a local garden center that was going out of business 2 years ago.  Sure miss going there,  it was only 7 miles from where I live out in the country. 

Jane

#4557782 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

My hosta!!!!

Stella
    Community Team Member

#4557783 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

What I think are delphiniums may go by another name…..lol

Stella
    Community Team Member

#4557774 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I promise this will be the last of these kind of pics….I only have 3 annual gardens and this is the last.

This pic was taken May 27:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Same garden on June 30

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4557773 Report Abuse

ah64a
    Participant

Great pictures today. Here are our coneflowers. They did get tall this year.

#4557764 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Steve….healthy looking tomatoes there.  I’m guessing you’ll have lots of good eating from them!

Gayle…I never tire of seeing your lilies…each one has it’s own beauty.

Kathy….I love those phlox…so pretty…and I can almost smell them from here.

Molly…that wind can do alot of destruction in a short time, can’t it?  So happy your new birdbath wasn’t shattered….nor you patio table top.  We had that happen once.  we picked up glass for 2 years.

Sandy…we call those ditch lilies or corn lilies.  What we call tiger lilies are more of an asiatic lily and they are orange with brown spots.  You have the perfect area for them to grow!

Wendy….I have some volunteer snaps from last year as well.  They are a pretty flower.

Here is a pic of the bed by our south deck.  I may be posting more pics later since I took quite a few yesterday and i have time to upload this morning while I am doing laundry.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4557750 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Snapdragons that reseeded from last year

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#4557741 Report Abuse

flowerpowerzone5
    Participant

Molly can’t believe the destruction at your place.Take it slow and easy.Glad to see your new birdbath has made it. Here are tiger lilies or ditch lilies I planted on one wall of the garage.It looks like it could use a staining. LOL! Sandy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.