Just starting…

Home Forums Gardening All About Seeds Just starting…

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Flonan_KY_Z6 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

I see from your profile you live in NS.  There would probably be a problem sending you things from the states.  You may have to trade mostly with our Canadian friends.  Sometimes we can get seeds across the border but not plants or bulbs.  If you don’t have anything to trade right now, that’s not a problem.  Most people will share with you if you send them a SASE.  Welcome to the Board & Happy Gardening.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#414681 Report Abuse

MagnusOwly
    Participant

Ive just started gardening, and if any one has any thing they would be willing to send me, i would send some other seeds once i get started. [:$] I currently only have bulbs of tigerlilies day lilies, and loly pops and peniese… I have pink and white rose hips i could send in returne ?

#4555599 Report Abuse

hopscotch
    Participant

I still have quite a few seeds – all flowers- that I would be willing to try and get to you.  I have sent to Canada before, so I think it would work.

Annuals – Melampodium – Small yellow daisy like flower-about 12 inches tall

Amaranthus – Burgundy foliage and burgundy flowers-about 3 feet tall

Yvonne’s Salvia – Very tall red salvia, up to 6 feet

Mexican Sunflower – Orange daisy like flowers about 3 inches across-up to 5 feet                   tall

Easter Egg Plant – Novelty Eggplant- Grown mostly for the egg shaped fruits.                             Can be eaten when very young.  Turns goldish orange when mature.

Perennials – Penstemon Husker Red – Burgundy foliage with very light pinkish flowers in                                    Spring-about 4 feet tall

Sweet William – Dark bright pink- about 10 inches tall

Maltese Cross – Orange/red flowers – about 30 inches tall- Need protection in                           winter

Columbine – Both light pink and dark pink – About 18 to 24 inches tall

Butterfly Weed – Orange, about 18 to 24 inches tall.

If you would like any, let me know and I’ll PM my address to you so you can send a self-addressed envelope.

#4555609 Report Abuse

MagnusOwly
    Participant

thanks so much :D  if you could spare some Yvonne’s Salvia, and or some Mexican Sunflower, that would be best. Ill send the envelope as soon as i get Pmed your address. [:D]

#4555611 Report Abuse

hopscotch
    Participant

I sent you a PM.

#4556671 Report Abuse
    Ketch_MI
    Ketch_MI
    Participant

Could I please have some of your seeds? I’d like Yvonne’s Salvia, Amaranthus, Mexican Sunflower and Penstemon Husker Red. I will gladly get a sase out to you asap. Thank you for any that you have left :)

Ketch

#4556713 Report Abuse

hopscotch
    Participant

Ketch, I sent you a PM.

#4557850 Report Abuse

hopscotch
    Participant

If you want to send me a PM, click on my picture.  Underneath there will be a line that says “send message”.  Click on that and when it says start conversation, type in your message.  To read 
    PMs sent to you, click on the little envelope at the top right next to “My Profile”.  You can answer PMs from there. 

#4557775 Report Abuse

Mus
    Participant

I am new here and from The Netherlands, tell me how I can send a pm….

#4559128 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

Just a note, its good to go on your profile and put a little about you, your gardening zone and what you enjoy if you want.  Magnus this is not directed to you, I’m just saying, this is where I got on the B&B board was seed swap, then I ventured to Gardening and Vegetable Garden, come join us daily, you will be amazed at what you learn and gain.  Good people on this forum and have to say the best one on the web.  Been here 5-6 years and even went to a “gathering” last year.  My “daily” friends live on this board because I come here daily and in fact, one person who just posted was one of the first to reach out to me.

#4584709 Report Abuse

Flonan_KY_Z6
    Participant

If you would like some Red & Pink Hibiscus seed and Pink and Lilac Rose of Sharon seed, email me at Siler44@aol.com.    Copy and paste this message and plact it in your message. 

Mary

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.