What are you reading–The BYC BookClub (Lizzie)

Home Forums Backyard Chat General What are you reading–The BYC BookClub (Lizzie)

This topic contains 1,271 replies, has 73 voices, and was last updated by Gayle Gayle 2 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,272 total)
  • Author

BritchesKs_F_60
    Participant

The Righteous by Michael Wallace. Its about a brother and sister in a family of polygomist. The brother is trying to solve the murder of one of his “brothers”  wives and in the meantime trying to keep his younger sister from being married off to another in the group. Very interesting reading.

#4547552 Report Abuse
    birdbug
    birdbug
    Participant

Hi Lizzie !

I’m reading an excellent book right now titled “Into The Light” by Dr John Lerma…but I do have to have a box of tissues beside me while I’m reading it !  The book is about people in hospice care and what they see and experience before they pass. If you believe in angels and the afterlife, this is a good read !

Mary Ann (Birdbug)

#4547553 Report Abuse
    Resa_NS
    Resa_NS
    Participant

I just finished, “The Pact” by Jodi Picoult, Not my usual read, sort of dark, but a good read, about teenage suicide, sometimes disturbing,

Now I am reading “Mr & Miss Anonymous” By Fern Micheals, A good lighter read,

#4547690 Report Abuse
    palemap
    palemap
    Participant

I’m reading Stephen King’s “Under the Dome”.  I just got it for Christmas from DH.  I always wait for my favorite authors to come out in paperback.

Pam

#4547684 Report Abuse
    Bonitading_NJ
    Bonitading_NJ
    Participant

I’ve read most of King’s works, but haven’t gotten the new one yet. Glad to hear its good. I’ll have to look for it.

I haven’t been reading much lately, been crocheting instead. LOL

#4547665 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Stephen King is my favorite author.  Somehow I missed this new book.  It sounds different from his normal writings?   If they can be considered “normal”.  LOL

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#4547654 Report Abuse

bubunny
    Participant

I am reading  the new Stephen King book    – 11/22/63  .   It’s over 800 pages but so good that it’s hard to put it down.   A great story  of  what could have been and I’ve  learned a lot  about Lee Harvey Oswalds life and the controversy about the assassination of JFK.

#4547655 Report Abuse

Grannamumzee
    Participant

Am reading “Plain Jane” by Fern Michaels. OK so far

#4547643 Report Abuse

LonesomeDove_tx
    Participant

I am reading Muleshoe by Jess Butcher. Not usually my cup of tea; bloody, language, etc. I got it because it is a mystery about Confederate gold coins involving Quantril’s Raiders and how it effects the people in present-day Muleshoe, Kansas. It is pretty good, but, as I said, bloody, etc.

#4547633 Report Abuse
    mackenzeyryley
    mackenzeyryley
    Participant

I am reading Debbie Macomber’s One Night, love her books.

#4547762 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Thanks Lizzie.  I know you read quite a bit and can understand if it doesn’t stick out.  When I used to read alot, I read quite a bit of the other Mitford books.  I like the one I’m reading now.  Since I don’t remember it, I must have skipped over it.

I’m getting back to reading more now that I have a Kindle and don’t have to depend on getting out to the library.  I like your post so that I can get ideas and recommendations.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#4547756 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

Wendy–I don’t know what that might be.  I did read a group of books –The Miss Julia Series, but they aren’t Christian like the MItford books.   They are about an older woman from Ashville, NC and I really liked them. Those are the only ones I can think of.  I will wrack my brain for awhile, but those are the only ones I can think of right now.

#4547754 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

[quote user="SunshineNY6"]

Lizzie, a while back you were reading a series similar to Jan Karon’s Midford series.  Do you recall what it was?

[/quote]

?

#4547742 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

I’m enjoying Light From Heaven by Jan Karon.

#4547744 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

About 2 chapters into Storm Prey I realized I had read it before so  now I’m reading  The Closers by Michael Connely  Want to try & get to the library this weekend.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,272 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.