What are you reading–The BYC BookClub (Lizzie)

Home Forums Backyard Chat General What are you reading–The BYC BookClub (Lizzie)

This topic contains 1,276 replies, has 73 voices, and was last updated by SunshineNY6 SunshineNY6 5 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,277 total)
  • Author
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

I just finished “A Grown up Kind of Pretty” by Joshilyn Jackson–EXCELLENT–5 stars.  I have read all her books. They were all good.

#4547623 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Anne , did you like The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo?  There was some discussion here about it a while back & I think it is one of those books that you either love or hate.  LOL  I haven’t read it yet

I just finished Split Second by Catherine Coulter & when I go to bed ‘ll start Storm Prey by John Sanford.  I bought a book from Ollie’s Monday called Looking for JJ by Anne Cassady. Anybody heard of her?   My supply is running low.   Need to go to the library.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#4547620 Report Abuse

CdnGlassLady
    Participant

Just read – Stieg Larsson : The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

starting on second one The Girl who played with fire

#4547617 Report Abuse

I’m reading The Descendants: A Novel by Kaui Hart Hemmings.  It is very good and easy to read, lots to think over. It’s hard to put down  for a break.

There is a film made from the book that just came out, starring George Clooney as the main character.

#4547616 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

That looks like a good one Lizzie. 

Lizzie, a while back you were reading a series similar to Jan Karon’s Midford series.  Do you recall what it was?

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#4547607 Report Abuse
    appleK
    appleK
    Participant

Lisa Jackson – Abandoned

2 stories in 1 book = Sail Away   which was good;   and     Million Dollar Baby   which I just started…..

romantic suspense      

#4547577 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Last week I finished The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova, and because of my eye accident, I finally finished The Nightbird Call by Anita Rau Badami.  Both excellent reads.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#4547578 Report Abuse

lastoffour
    Participant

I just finished Nicholas Sparks’ new book entitled , “The Best of Me.”  I have read most of his books but this one is the best.  It keeps you thinking and examining your inner thoughts.  Each time I think I know how the book will end, it takes a turn – a very good ending.  I am sure a lot of you Nicholas Sparks fans will enjoy it. 

#4547572 Report Abuse

Hiker07_IL_5
    Participant

I’m reading Shotgun Bride (The McKettrick Cowboys) by Linda Lael Miller. Have read most of the series before I found this one which should have been read first. Oh,well.

#4547566 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

I’ll check and see if they have A Grownup Kind of Pretty at my library.  I’m reading Kill Me If You Can by James Patterson.  I like his books. I had my name put on the reserve list for his new book, forget what the name of it is, and the librarian called me this morning and said it is in.  I’ll run by the library this afternoon when I take my DGD to the dentist and pick it up.

Community Team Member

#4547565 Report Abuse
    blubird67_oh
    blubird67_oh
    Participant

Hi Lizzie, sounds like it is going to be a very good story.  Also, I had to run out and buy a pie yesterday for the Pie Day Celebration.  OMgosh, the pie was so bad!!  The two bakeries in town were closed so I had to get the pie at the grocery story.  Honest to goodness, the worst pie I have ever bought.  I even gave my neighbors some–so I feel bad about that.  I was honestly  just thinking of going out to get another pie today since the bakery is open.  How is that for being able to make many excuses to go out and get more bakery items.  LOL 

#4547562 Report Abuse
    blubird67_oh
    blubird67_oh
    Participant

I just finished Sarah’ Key.  It was a book mentioned in a “what are  you reading”  post.  Liked the story very much.

I have now started Susannah’s Garden by Debbie Macomber.

I also went straight to my e-reader and downloaded Into the Light.  I could just tell that book would help me find peace.

#4547563 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

blubrd–Hi!   I read “Susannah’s Garden” :)

#4547560 Report Abuse
    LuvsDaisys
    LuvsDaisys
    Participant

getting ready to read………..The Time Of Our Lives….Tom Brokaw

#4547558 Report Abuse
    MaryinMi
    MaryinMi
    Participant

I have almost finished The American Barn and it has been so fascinating that I am going to start over with it!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.