WEATHER BIRDS FIRST ANNUAL BACKYARD BIRD BASH

Home Forums Backyard Chat General WEATHER BIRDS FIRST ANNUAL BACKYARD BIRD BASH

This topic contains 5,784 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by 4mybackyardpa5 4mybackyardpa5 1 hour, 53 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 5,785 total)
  • Author

JJ93volvo
    Participant

Cloudy with rain and snow this evening. Snow
    showers overnight. Low 33F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip
    80%.

47 High

33 Low

80 %

Sunrise Sunset
    7:18 am
    5:06 pm and raining…….
    Terry your lucky they didn’t invent another type of screwdriver for that headlight……they no longer encourage fixing things…..look at cash for clunkers…..
    Mmarnee you need a live stream on your feeder there so we can see all these exotic hummingbirds that fly away in the blink of an eye…..You did a great job getting a close up photo of your hummer…..yours always look so much bigger than the ruby throats….
    Hi MaryinMi…..how’s your weather darling? Cold or snowy yet? Happy Holidays….to you and your family…….
    MaShirley your weather seems to be the best…LOL…ours changes daily if we’re lucky…..it seems to have rained forever here…..We’re around the Tampa latitude but didn’t buy anything yet until we try it out…..those lease purchase agreements are the way to go…..
    Mtn. Babe what a beautiful picture you have with the Stanley Hotel as your backdrop and the Rockies as the hotels backdrop…LOL and what a beautiful quilt…..auggie doggie doesn’t look too thrilled to see Santa…maybe he already has his wish…LOL
    I wish that Marilyn is feeling all right because her favorite bird in her favorite setting might be here tomorrow AM……
    No stars out tonight Miss Tina…..did see the sun briefly today…..along with hummer…..but it’s sure fun having the bash and remembering what has been in the yard this year….whatever that may be….LOL….and seeing the little ones that have been born here….and just maybe we were too busy to notice something but will see it in the pictures! From our own virtual back yard…LOL

#4544135 Report Abuse

JJ93volvo
    Participant

HAHA Marilyn we crossed posts……it’s so good to know that you are doing well….I knew you’d be around to see George on a snow covered pine tree….LOL…..

#4544158 Report Abuse
    4mybackyardpa5
    4mybackyardpa5
    Participant

Beautiful shot Janis. Got back right in time! Thanks! Sounds like you’re in Fla. already. Have a nice time and a safe journey.Looking forward to some beach shots.Anything will do really! lol  [ip]

photo 123.gif

#4544176 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Hi All,

It was 44 degrees at 5:00AM, when Joyce left for work at 6:30 it was 37 degrees…going to get cold here.  Went for a walk, sure was quiet in the woods, other than the 10-15 mph winds blowing through the trees. Nothing had messed with the corn  from yesterday,  the critters must be staying warm. I cleared 6′ tall brush from our old garlic bed and mowed the area, there are 10 elephant garlic shoots up, mowed around those.

Janis…….The  Torx style is a newer type fastener, back in the 60′s  I used “Bristo” wrenches(like a Allen wrench)in the Air Force, I think they just came up with a new name for them.

Marilyn…..I’ve got all kinds of tools for American cars, it’s those darn metric and new style fasteners that cause problems….way to many things made out of plastic now!!!!

Terry

#4544177 Report Abuse
    4mybackyardpa5
    4mybackyardpa5
    Participant

Catching up on the posts that I missed. Having a cold day here. Wore a jacket this morning and could really have stood my winter coat. Here it is after 1:00 and not out of the 30s. Some change from a couple days ago. BRRRRRRRRR!

Terry, it looks like you & I are the only ones around today. Yeah, hubby says the same thing about the metric tools.

I know I posted horses before but I don’t think it was these. They belong to some friends of ours.

photo 123.gif

#4544178 Report Abuse

birdingbloomer
    Participant

Hi Janis & All,[:)]

Just dropping by to see if Marilyn & MtnBabe (Jill) posted yet & they did! Glad to know they’re okay.  Now I haven’t seen Posy in a while.  Hope she’s not freezing up there.

Welcome new posters or “look-in’s” : Hiker,  Apple K (Kathie),  Catsbirds (Sharon), & JColbert !!:)

And welcome back strangers:  JW2 & Giddey, lol.;)

Hi MaryinMary, glad you’re dropping in again to see our pictures.  Not mine, but those of others are beautiful.:) 

Back to work & studying.  BBL[W]

#4544184 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Currently  44°F

Sunrise:   7:28am

Sunset:     4:29pm

Good morning Janis and everyone, it’s overcast and cloudy this morning. Our forecast says we can expect most of the morning clouds to give way to sunnier conditions today. We should see afternoon sunshine with highs in the upper 40s.

Janis, those were some really lovely pictures, the flowers, butterfly, and birds were all so beautiful.  

Marilyn, it’s great to see you posting again and I loved your picture of the horses.

Terry, it seems strange to see your weather getting cooler than mine.

Hi Tina, glad to see you drop by.

Leaves Yesterday

Before

And after

I don’t think I want to see what it looks like again today.

#4544198 Report Abuse
    woodlandgal_WI_zn4
    woodlandgal_WI_zn4
    Participant

Hi All WWs!  We have been about the same every day, sometimes a little sun peeking out of the clouds and getting to mid 30s.  There is a chance for a trace of snow tonight and maybe the weekend.

I haven’t even been on the computer for awhile, just resting from a case of severe bronchitis which happens too often for me.  Got antibiotics for this one.

I loved everyone’s pics!

Have a great day!

Pat ~ West Central WI

#4544216 Report Abuse

JJ93volvo
    Participant

Pat sorry to see that your bronchitis is acting up…..I had to get anits also for my ears before we left and I left the meds home…..now why should I have to dye this hair? …LOL

Terry I  worked with metric on my volvo and had no problems but this new stuff and plastic is designed opulesence. Designed to break after so many uses….guess they take pride in that….still trying to buy made in America whenever possible…..just read the labels…LOL

Tina you just got a pie in the face for saying that your pictures aren’t nice…LOL…it was whipped cream….LOL…you always have such pretty things for us to ziew,,,,keep it up and you’ll get another pie…..with the birds contributing….LOL

Bet the back yard bash is out of control….we put out all the Boss that we had so it wouldn’t get wasted or thrown away….LOL….will have to see some photos later or tomorrow…..

Marilyn what beautiful horses and frame…LOL….queen of frames are you Marilyn….makes me think before posting…this one or that one…..LOL….so nice to see you framing again…LOL…like your siggy!

Mmarnee your yard looked so neat….all those leaves gone…again…LOL….does today look  like the top photo again….Hi hummers and Lollie

Sunny high 62F low 37F     ………not too different from up north huh?

Pat did you get any snow? Mtn Babe are you shoveling? MaryinMI? maShirley are you out working in your garden….Posy….shoveling?.

I heard that Santa had to make some earlier visits due to weather…LOL….some of his reindeer don’t want to travel thru the snow…LOL….maybe he needs to employ a few birds….they go every where that they want when they want…LOL

On the road again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4544224 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Hi All,

It was 27 frosty degrees this morning, glad I moved all of our tropical plants in yesterday. It’s  51 sunny degrees now, it might be a good time to cut some more brush. We have a 32″ fiber optics tree, I checked at Lowe’s, Home Depot, Walmart, Tractor Supply and Harbor Freight this morning. WM was the only store with a fiber optic tree, it was a 32″.  Managed to buy a lawn tractor  cover, 8 lb log splitting maul/axe and a few other small items while out.

Janis…….It’s best to have metric tools when working  with metric fasteners, most of the cars I  built were all American models. I hated machining parts to metric  standards, all of our blueprints had the American standard sizes and dimensions  in brackets next to the metric numbers when I worked at Westinghouse. My Jag and VW’s used metric, I was able to use cheap tools on them most of the time.

Terry

#4544227 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Currently 39°F

Welcome to December… but it looks more like October! (dry and sunny)

Sunrise:  7:30am

Sunset:    4:28pm

Good afternoon Janis and everyone, it’s hard to believe it’s the 1st of December already.

We started off cold with frost however our unusually dry weather pattern continues today and they tell us we are headed for the upper 40s and low 50s. Our forecast indicates we should not see any rain until the middle of next week.

Pat, I’m also sorry to hear you’re having problems with bronchitis and I hope you are feeling better today.  I know there are so many around here that have some really bad colds, coughs and sore throats.  

Janis, good to see your post, hope you are also feeling better, sounds like you need to call your doctor and get a prescription for some more antibiotics to replace the ones you forgot.

The front yard has lots of leaves on it again with 4 large horse chestnut trees out front we get lots of leaves. The trees take turns losing their leaves and it’s always the same pattern and I could tell you which trees get their leaves first and also the order they lose their leaves.

Terry, that fiber optics trees sounds really nice. I have a pre lit artificial Christmas tree much to the disappointment to my niece who has a tree farm.

Hi Marilyn, MtnBabe, Mary, Posy, JoAnn, Hiker, Kathie, Sharon, Shirley, Marg, Giddey, Tina, JW2 and Naturelover, hope I didn’t miss anyone.

I’m doing laundry and I promised Lollie  I would work on making her some more treats so I had best get busy.

Picture from around my neighborhood!

#4544247 Report Abuse
    4mybackyardpa5
    4mybackyardpa5
    Participant

Hi all you WWs out there! Another cold day here.Started out down in the 20s and a hard frost that had everything white as snow. In fact when I got up, had to ask dh if that was snow or frost. Never got out of the 30s, but I’m sure some day soon it will seem warm when it reaches this high. I like the cooler weather but there is such a thing as getting too cold & I think we have reached it. lol

Janis sorry you forgot your meds and hope you are having a nice time & safe travels.[Did you see Janis, George stopped by & helped me with my avatar] lol

Thanks everyone for their concern!

Pat, sorry to hear of your bout with bronchitis.

Mm, I know how nice and clean it looks with the leaves all gone but I remember when it was so much fun to play in those leaves.Hope you got those treats made for Lollie! The decorations are so pretty.

Hi Terry! We have a small fiber optic tree, too, now that the kids are gone.

This is one of the guys from the barn.

photo 123.gif

#4544249 Report Abuse
    MaryinMi
    MaryinMi
    Participant

Nope Janis. No snow here but just about 8 miles south they got some.

Love all of the wonderful photos everyone.

#4544263 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Hi All,

It was 31 frosty degrees this morning, we’re at  38 sunny degrees now.  I’m going to goof off today, might take a walk after it warms up later. Our little tree belonged to my BIL, we started using it after he passed away a  couple years ago.

Terry

#4544264 Report Abuse

birdingbloomer
    Participant

[:)]

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 5,785 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.