WEATHER BIRDS FIRST ANNUAL BACKYARD BIRD BASH

Home Forums Backyard Chat General WEATHER BIRDS FIRST ANNUAL BACKYARD BIRD BASH

This topic contains 6,096 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by mmarnee mmarnee 1 hour, 9 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,491 through 5,505 (of 6,097 total)
  • Author
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Good morning everyone, Happy Friday! We started out at 60° with some patchy low clouds. It’s now 71° with blue skies and a light breeze. Our hot weather is expected to arrive later today with temps in the lower 90s. The forecast for the next week shows each day one degree warmer than the previous day and by Tuesday the temp is expected to be 100°.

It looks like I’ll be cleaning the hummingbird feeders and giving them fresh food daily.

Marilyn, your collage is very nice again today.

Terry, our pellets were $10. On sale for a 20 pound bag; normal cost is $11.99 for the 20 pound bag. Our bbq is the junior and a bag is supposed to fill it twice. Not sure how long they will last, so far we have used the bbq three times and haven’t used that many of the pellets.

Pat, our humidity started at 90% this morning and thankfully has gone done to 56%. Hopefully the humidity doesn’t go up with the temperatures this week.

Marg, you new place sounds wonderful; and sounds like you’re really going to enjoy all the new appliances and that everything is brand new.

Have a great day everyone.

#5262973 Report Abuse
    woodlandgal_WI_zn4
    woodlandgal_WI_zn4
    Participant

Hi ALL WBs!  We had a cloudy day here today starting with a light shower at 64 degrees and getting to 75.  It was humid, but very windy so didn’t feel too bad.  I can’t believe we have a piece of the Polar Vortex coming in a couple of days!

We went grocery shopping today so went to Eau Claire where I wanted to stop in to Kohl’s summer sale starting today.  I had finally gotten a coupon in the mail for 30% off final sale prices, whereas I have always gotten 15% ones.  I found a nice top and a small cross necklace for DGD.

Marg,  Your new place sounds really nice!  It will be nice to have everything new.  Maybe you could grow some potted veggies outside your door.

Marilyn,  Pretty pics from Janis!

Terry,  those computer directions are useless in the country, but good for cities.  When I got my last horse, they delivered her and said they could find our place.  They ended up going 60 miles out of their way!   Before they left I gave them a paper map with a shortcut marked on it  lol!

Have a great day everyone!

Pat ~ West Central WI

#5263044 Report Abuse
    4mybackyardpa5
    4mybackyardpa5
    Participant

Hi there, Had to have a/c on today too, did make it into the 80s and was quite humid this afternoon. Was pretty sunny but at times it would cloud up for a while.The evenings are so nice for sleeping.

Terry, I like to be comfortable too but I also like the fresh air when it is not humid. Happy Smiley

Marnee, That 100º doesn’t sound too nice.Free Indifferent Smiley Faces

Pat,I did hear something about that Polar Vortex for here but it sounds kind of strange.Happy Smiley

These are from Janis.

photo signature_2_1.gif

#5263161 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Hi WWBs!  It is a beautiful morning here!  Wish I had a nice, screened in porch to sit in to enjoy drinking coffee & enjoy the morning breezes!  Suposed to get much hotter as the day goes on, temps going to the upper 80s! Ugh!  Might get a storm later today!  Then good storms Sun, maybe very severe weather on Tues.  Pat, they are talking about a polar vortex coming here, too!  Temps will only be in the 70s mid week!  Wow!

Mm, hope your humidity gets better but hooe you dont get a long dry spell like parts of your state, & hence forrest fires!

Pat, we are to get the polarvortex thing coming thru here, too!

Marilyn, that is a nice pic of Janis’ s hummers!

Terry, hope we wont g et many hurricanes to worry about this summer & fall!

Hi to Janis, Tina, & all who have yet to post here!  LATER, GATORS!

#5263264 Report Abuse
    woodlandgal_WI_zn4
    woodlandgal_WI_zn4
    Participant

Hi ALL WBs!   We have been gloomy and cloudy all day, starting out at 59 and getting to 75 degrees.  Thunderstorms are moving through the central part of the state now, but we are only getting light rain from the northern edge.

They are saying we might break record low high temps when the polar vortex comes through.

There is a super moon tonight, but it will probably not clear off here in time to see it rise.

Marilyn,  cute Hummer pics from Janis!

Have a good day everyone!

Pat ~ West Central WI

#5263344 Report Abuse
    4mybackyardpa5
    4mybackyardpa5
    Participant

Hi there! Had a day a lot like Marg had. Did get yucky hot & humid this afternoon. Hard to believe that Polar Vortex is coming.tiny-smileys-yesemoticons-036 Hope this goes through. Just lost a post out in cyberspace somewhere over in PP, and have been trying for 2 days to post in 1 of the games and nothing.

Hi Marg!smile

Hi Pat!  Sorry to hear of your gloomy weather. We are probably going to get the same thing toward the end of the week.cry

This is some of our recent skies!

photo signature_2_1.gif

#5263464 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Good morning everyone. It’s 65° this morning with partly cloudy skies and some sunshine. Our forecast shows we’re going to be cooler today and less comfortable as higher humidity is expected. Last I checked the humidity was at 80% and our high temp for today will likely peak in the upper 80s.

Marilyn, those are some really cool sky pictures. I forgot to check for the super moon last night.

With all this hot weather I cleaned and changed the nectar in the hummer’s feeders last night.

We are going to early church service this morning and later today to a memorial service for a friend.

#5263475 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Hi All,

We started at 73 degrees, it’s 86 partly cloudy degrees now. Yesterday had a 69 degree start with a 95 degree high. We got 1/4″ of rain from a late thundershower.

Peanuts SIL was moving dirt on the hill/creek road late Friday, we talked about recycled asphalt. I gave him $500 Saturday morning, the 20 cubic yards of asphalt was $473, he had $27 left over to help pay for his diesel fuel. He spread the full load, now to see how it holds up?

We visited the kids Saturday morning and then stopped at a road side yard sale. I got a good sounding childs six string guitar for $3, a new pair of Route 66 velcro sandals, Joyce got a new quilted slip cover for her oversize recliner for $15 :-)

She made a large pot of chicken and dumplings Saturday, we might have some more today or freeze the rest for two more meals. She made pancakes this morning, I take mine all at once in a stack of three, she likes to make hers one at a time. Eat one, make another and eat it…strange :shock:

Marnee….Sounds like the pellets are a efficient fuel.

Pat….I don’t think we’ll see anything from that Polar Vortex way down here, we didn’t see the moon due to the clouds down here. Computer maps and GPS doesn’t work for our road, it does work on other roads up here in the county….our roads are private. The road they were looking for has been a paved public road for twenty years, the drivers should know their territory or at least follow directions.

Marilyn…..We would rather control the inside air and let the pollens and dust stay outside, our roads are dirt and that creates dust when it’s dry :-(

Marg…..We don’t have a screened in porch, we sit outside and relax, sitting on the creek swing  is relaxing as long as a snake doesn’t come for a visit :wink: You can get one of those small tent like screen rooms, they give shade and critter protection, some are only 8″ x 8′ square and 6 1/2′ tall…cheap fold up structures.

Terry

#5263532 Report Abuse
    woodlandgal_WI_zn4
    woodlandgal_WI_zn4
    Participant

Hi ALL WBs!  We started out at 50 and are going to a sunny 77 with a nice breeze and low humidity.

It stayed cloudy last night after we got 2/10ths inch of rain, so I didn’t see the super moon come up.  There will be another in August and in September.  I just love the pic they showed on TV from Greece.

Marilyn,  beautiful pics of the stormy skies!  I can’t see anything here with tall trees all around the house.  I’d have to walk out to the horse pasture and the mosquitoes are horrible in the laneway.

Pat ~ West Central WI

#5263657 Report Abuse
    4mybackyardpa5
    4mybackyardpa5
    Participant

Hi there! Had a humid day but good have been worse if the sun was out. We did have a few showers but it never cooled it down till the last one & right now I hear it thundering in a distance so it must be coming again. Did not get to see the race [Nascar] today. We have Dish and it kept going out.evil

Marnee, Glad you liked the pictures. Sorry about you losing a friend.cry

Hi Terry, I guess that would make a difference with the air, being that the roads are dirt. Ours are paved. with the exception of the lane but it is away from trailer.smile

Hi Pat, I can’t see much from here either without going up on the hill in a field. We were out in the car when I snapped them.neutral

Some of the pretties here on the farm.

photo signature_2_1.gif

#5263832 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Hi All,

We started at 70 degrees, it’s 91 cloudy degrees now with scattered light rain, we haven’t had any of it yet.  This morning I made a TP hanger to hang over the linen closet door knobs, that door always stays open. All I used was a wire  coat hanger, 4.5 ” of a 1″ wooden dowel and two roofing nails, cheap! GCOPs supplier stopped carrying the soft TP that DW bought in bulk, she can’t handle the  rough stuff. I’ll hang the rough  on my  His and she can hang the soft on the Hers, I’ll suffer until the rougher TP is all gone….I know how to stay on DW’s good side :grin: Don’t want to rub her the wrong way :wink:

The hill road seems to be working okay so far, we need a good rain to see how the asphalt holds up, most of the road has a 12 degree slope with the part just worked on having a 20 degree slope.

Pat….Clouds kept us from seeing the moon this weekend, our mosquitoes are very active right now.

Marilyn….We can’t see anything from our creek bottom, once we drive up the hill road then we can see the moon high in the sky. We don’t have any concrete drives on our property, the only paved public road is .2 miles from us, that’s where our mailboxes and trash cans are.

Terry

#5263858 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Hi WWBs!  A hot, muggy July day here, for sure!  Waitng for strong to severe tstorms to come thru!  Had a good storm last night.  It lasted a while.  Then we are to get cool temps on Wed, temps in the 70s!  Then to warm up later to the low 80s by the wkend!  Hope the big storm wont do in m y veggie garden!

Marilyn, love the pics as gain!

Mm, hope your weather is improving! Isnt it hotter than normal out there right now?

Hi Pat!  We’re in for similar weather as you guys!

Terry, good idea about the screen tent idea!

Hi Hiker!  Hi Posy!  Karmen, where aee you?  Hope all is ok!

Hi to Janis, Tina & all who have not posted in a while!  LATER, GATORS!

#5263867 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Good morning everyone, we started at 65° with low clouds and mild conditions. The clouds are expected to clear and we’ll see mostly sunny skies this afternoon. This morning we had some ocean air move in, but by the afternoon we expect the sun back and temps in the upper 80s.

Yesterday’s weather was a surprise as we were about 20 degrees cooler than expected and had lots of thunder and lightning but very little actual rain.

Marilyn, nice collage again; I have some of the same pretties.

Marg, our temperatures are expected to be warmer than normal but not as hot as computer models projected last week. We have been having more humidity and that always makes it feel warmer than it actually is.

Terry, yard sales can be interesting; I saw on a TV roadshow someone bought a little table for something like $25. And it sold at an auction for thousands.

Hi Janis, Pat, Posy, Sharon, Hiker, Grace, and all that follows.

#5264017 Report Abuse
    woodlandgal_WI_zn4
    woodlandgal_WI_zn4
    Participant

Hi ALL WBs!   We broke a record low high temperature today….it started out at 52 and got to 62 degrees.  There was a stiff NW breeze so there was some windchill!!!  In July!  We had several short rainshowers throughout the day lasting only a few minutes each.

On this day in 1936 we had the highest record temperature  at 111 degrees.  There was a severe drought around that time too.

It felt good to be outside today as the mosquitoes weren’t bad.  I watered plants this morning and then it rained.  Also did some weed trimming when it had dried off….and then got rained out.

Marilyn,  Pretty flowers you have there!

Pat ~ West Central WI

#5264018 Report Abuse
    4mybackyardpa5
    4mybackyardpa5
    Participant

Hi there! Had a nice day here. Didn’t even need the a/c for very long.Although it is getting warm again. Started out very overcast and in the 60′s but soon the sun came out and has risen to the high 70′s.

Terry, I’m afraid I would not be doing much in the 90º weather…..We live above the paved road that goes past the trailer but have to go even higher to see the sunset.tiny-smileys-yesemoticons-003

Marg, We were under a storm warning last night but had some thunder & about a few drops of rain. Our DISH kept going out so it must have been storming somewhere but the 11:00 news said most of our storm went south of Pittsburgh, & we are north. Going down to 50º tonight.tiny-smileys-yesemoticons-067

Marnee,I saw on the news about fires or something out your way. I hope that isn’t  near you?tiny-smileys-yesemoticons-083

These are from Janis again. I have to thank Janis for Keeping me in pictures. I’m sure she gets out & about more then I do.

photo signature_2_1.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 5,491 through 5,505 (of 6,097 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.