WEATHER BIRDS FIRST ANNUAL BACKYARD BIRD BASH

Home Forums Backyard Chat General WEATHER BIRDS FIRST ANNUAL BACKYARD BIRD BASH

This topic contains 6,200 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by 4mybackyardpa5 4mybackyardpa5 18 hours, 54 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,281 through 5,295 (of 6,201 total)
  • Author
    4mybackyardpa5
    4mybackyardpa5
    Participant

Had a real nice day here. Got to around 74º with lots of sunshine. Was expecting chance of a shower today but that’s fine with me that it decided to go elsewhere.

Terry, That is a shame you have to play in the dirt again.tiny-smileys-yesemoticons-004

Hi Marnee!

Hi Pat! Glad you liked the pictures. I did think they were cute. I like the penguins today too. I think they are so cute to watch.

photo signature_2_1.gif

#5148956 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Good morning everyone, we’re staring the morning with a few clouds and it’s 53°.  We are supposed to see a jump in temperatures today, into the mid and upper 70s. Will be nice to see a little sunshine again.

Marilyn, those are some cute pictures of the Penguins.

Yesterday the weather cooperated and they were able to start on the roofing; all the old shingles have now been removed and today they should be able to start on the roofing.

Photo

We took Lollie to see her Vet for a follow-up yesterday. We always buckle her kennel in the back seat and she rides in the kennel.  We were really surprised as she was so nervous on the way to the Vet’s office she chewed a big sore on  her back. Her Vet said the anxiety could be because of the changes in her life, she isn’t feeling well and is having problems seeing.

Lollie’s sugar count was still really high so her Vet advised us we will need to  increase  her insulin and she will be checked again next week.  I’m also concerned as she seems to be losing her vision. She did seem to be more calm once we returned home.

Hope everyone  has a great day.

#5148961 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Hi All,

We started at 69 degrees, we had a downpour at 1:00AM this morning, .750″ of rain. We ended up with 2.5″ of rain yesterday and 1.750″ the day before. It’s 80 sunny degrees right now, there’s more rain coming up from the Gulf. They’re watching a low pressure system down around the Yucatan, it could come up and give us a lot more rain next week or form into a tropical system.

Yesterday I took two printers apart and separated the plastics, metals and toxic materials. This morning I reduced the plastics down and put them and the metals in a bag so I can put them in our hill top can for pickup. There’s only a coffee can of toxic materials from those two printers, I’ll dispose of them at a recycle place. I need to take apart a large “tower” so I can destroy the hard drive, no chance of hackers recovering anything that way. We’ll keep a slim line monitor but I’ll destroy/recycle a old fashioned CRT model, we’ll also keep the mouses and external hard drive from our old systems.

I picked our first ripe tomato this morning, the rain had it starting to split, if Joyce doesn’t eat it I surely will. Some of the other tomatoes should start showing color before long. Joyce brought in a miniature Gardenia yesterday, I put it in a vase. I won’t do any berm work until maybe Wednesday next week, we’re keeping our GS on Monday and Tuesday. I don’t do any work when DW is off, that includes all weekends.

Marnee…..Dirt can be expensive, ours is free. I won’t have any concrete drives put in, I want the earth to breathe. I might check into having some gravel put down in the future, we’ve been here since ’97 and I haven’t checked yet.

Pat…..I buy the larger/taller cages to start with, they’re made out of thicker wire. You can get some  strong wire that is used in concrete work and make your own very strong cages, I’ve seen that done on PBS programs.

Marilyn……I love playing in the dirt, it keeps me in shape for free, plus I  take care of projects that way. Just look at people who  join gyms, they don’t accomplish anything, other than staying in shape  and have to pay for it :lol: I get to stay at home and enjoy nature without having to wait on others.

Terry

PS…Special Report on TV, I predict the price of fuel will go up soon….it always does after “he” speaks  :oops:

#5149023 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Hi WWBs!  I have been busy lately looking for a new place possibly to live.  Temps were great today, only in the low 70s!  It rained the last 2 days.  Between my neph’s wedding last wkend & being away for 3 days for it, then it’s been raining off & on all wk, especially yesterday it kept raining, it was hard getting my veggie garden & flowers planted.  This afternoon I got a lot done except my zucchini & a few other things I dont know where to plant them yet!  I think I will bequeath my middle sect of my raised beds to my zukes!

Marilyn, love your pics of the peguines!

Mm, cute one of Lollie!

Hi Terry!  Glad you’re getting some toms coming in already!

Hi Pat!  Glad your weather is getting nicer!  Sounds about like ours!

Hi Hiker!  Hi Posy!

Hi to Janis, Sharon, Tina (still hoping you will get back to us here), MaryAnn & all those who havent posted here in a while!   LATER, GATORS!

#5149053 Report Abuse
    woodlandgal_WI_zn4
    woodlandgal_WI_zn4
    Participant

Hi ALL WBs!  We started out at 55 and went to 84 today with plenty of sun and a nice breeze.

Marilyn,  I love the penguin pics too!  Did you see the baby chick on TV from a zoo somewhere?

Marnee,  Lollie’s pic is so cute!  I’m so sorry she is having so many health problems.

Terry,  I wish I had DH make me some cages from cattle panels when we had them.

Marg,  I hope you find another place soon.  Will someone take over your veggie garden then?

The Blue Angels are flying in LaCrosse this weekend.  They were scheduled to come to Eau Claire when their shows were cancelled.  If  they had come back to EC we would have gone to see them.  I did see them once quite a few years ago.

Have a great day everyone!

Pat ~ West Central WI

#5149059 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Hi Pat!  No, I am sure hoping I can keep coming over here to maintain it if I pass the eye test to be able to get back my dr lic to drive again!  Dont want that neighbor, Crystal to get it! ! lol!

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by margba margba.
    #5149095 Report Abuse
    4mybackyardpa5
    4mybackyardpa5
    Participant

Was a nice day here today. Got to 72º on our front porch but radio said 86º 20 miles away, so take your picktiny-smileys-yesemoticons-076Going down to 49º tonight.

Marnee, Lollie looks like she just came from the groomer.tiny-smileys-yesemoticons-092…………….AhhhhhhhhhhhBless her little heart. The vision probably scares her. Hope she feels better soon, I’m sure she will improve once they get her meds regulated.

Terry, Gee, you sure are getting the rain. I saw on the news a lot of different places are getting flooded…..That sure is true about joining the gyms. I belong to  a program called “Silver Sneakers” It is paid for by my insurance and in half of a gym where you can use the machines. Lots of people are coming in the gym and they’re all paying, cause they are younger.Thats one good thing about being old.tiny-smileys-yesemoticons-082

Hi Marg!

Pat, No, I did not see the little guy. Wish I would have. They remind me of little guys with tuxedos on.tiny-smileys-yesemoticons-108

photo signature_2_1.gif

#5149259 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Good morning everyone, we started at 62° with blue skies and sunshine and its now 70° and our temps today are supposed to top out in the mid to upper 70s.

Marilyn, very nice collage; the eyes on that owl can really get your attention.

Terry, you are really getting a lot of rain, guess it must be your rainy reason.

Marg, I hope all goes well with your eye test.

Pat, one of my sisters in ND used cattle panels around her garden to keep the deer out. They had a really large garden a few years ago and as they no longer had cattle the cattle panels worked really well at keeping the deer away.

Today is day three of the roofing project. The roof needed a little more work done on it than we first thought. After they finish shingling the rood they will be installing new rain gutters. I also decided to have them redo the roof on the lawn shed as the shingles looked like they also needed to be replaced. They said the roofing project should take about 4 days and that was before we decided to also do the lawn shed.

Hi to Janis, Posy, Sharon, Hiker, Mary Ann, Jill, MaryinMI, Grace, Meme, & Tina, hopefully I didn’t miss anyone.

#5149266 Report Abuse
    woodlandgal_WI_zn4
    woodlandgal_WI_zn4
    Participant

Hi ALL WBs!  We started out at 64 and went to 88 degrees today.  The sun is a scorcher, but the humidity is low with a breeze, so not too bad.  Humidity will be moving back in though.

I sprayed up this morning and worked outside for over 3 hours potting, repotting  some plants and trimming.  Only found one tick that ignored the bug spray…it was crawling on my arm.

Marilyn,  Pretty pics from Janis!  I love the green reflecting one.

Marnee,  We were warmer than you today.  I’m glad your roofing is going well.  If we lived there DH could have done it for you……..just for you buying the shingles and feeding him.  lol!  He used to do alot of that except wouldn’t do the barn roof since it was so steep.

Pat ~ West Central WI

#5149349 Report Abuse
    4mybackyardpa5
    4mybackyardpa5
    Participant

Another nice sunny day today.Down into the 50s now tho.Goin into the 80s tomorrow and no chance of rain until Monday or Tuesday.

Marnee, Hope Lollie is feeling a little better.

Pat, Thanks!

Lisa and dh spent Friday at Put-in- Bay and the 2nd pic. is  a Baseball game at Progressive Field in Cleveland.

photo signature_2_1.gif

#5149485 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Hi WWBs!  It was quite cool again overnight here w/ temps going down to the 50s & even 40s overnight!  I shut my windows again.  A couple nights I even had heat on!  Lol!  And windows steamed up the past 2 mornings when I showered & its June!  

Hi Marilyn!  Nice pics again!  Like the owl!

Hi Mm! Hope Lollie is doing well.  Just dont buy hef the dog food made in China!

Hi Pat!  Glad you are getting your gardening more tog!

Hi Posy!  Hi Hiker!

Hi to Janis, Sharon, Tina, MaryAnn & allb who have not posted here in a while!  LATER, GATORS!

#5149503 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Good morning everyone, Happy 1st day of June. Its 56° this morning and we are starting out with cloudy skies. Eventually we expect to be seeing partly to mostly sunny skies over much of the Metro area with high temps around 77 degrees. Our forecast shows dry weather with sunshine and comfortable temperatures through much of this coming week.

Thanks Pat, the roof is almost done so Monday they should be able to finish the house and lawn shed and put on the new gutters. Our home is a ranch so the roof isn’t steep. I was talking to one of my sisters in ND last night; they had their barn shingled a few years ago and had to have someone out yesterday to nail a few shingles down. They notice a couple on the roof of their house also needed to be checked and there were so many loose nails it turned into a 5 hour job.

Marilyn, nice pictures from Lisa; thanks for sharing them with us.

Marg, we only buy the dog food made in the US; it’s also important on treats.

Hi to all yet to post.

Have a great day everyone.

#5149544 Report Abuse
    woodlandgal_WI_zn4
    woodlandgal_WI_zn4
    Participant

Hi ALL WBs!  We started out at 64, raining and got to a partly cloudy 82 degrees.  Over last night and this morning we got 2 inches of rain.  We didn’t need it right now.  It sure is different than the past several years when we never got any spring rains.

Marilyn,  pretty pics from your DD!

It is very muggy here so I’m not doing anything outside today.  I had to spray up just to go get the horses off the pasture.  They can’t have full time pasture yet as the grass is so big they could founder.  Dreamer is likely to for sure if she gets too fat.

Pat ~ West Central WI

#5149629 Report Abuse
    4mybackyardpa5
    4mybackyardpa5
    Participant

Yeah, it was in the lower 50s but did get to 86º & very sunny. Only to go down to 60º tonight and up in the 80s with a chance for a shower either tomorrow or Tuesday/Still have my windows p[en but last night at this time, they were going shut.tiny-smileys-yesemoticons-009

Marg, Thanks and yes it has been getting cold at night for June Geesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marnee,Thanks and glad you liked the pics.

Pat, Thanks and yes it was a little muggy here too!

photo signature_2_1.gif

#5149794 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Hi All,

We started at 71 degrees, it’s 81 overcast degrees now. We didn’t get any rain over the weekend but there were scattered showers all around this area. We might not get any rain today, there is some rain coming this way from Panama City.

We got 2 lbs of large headless shrimp and had them Saturday and Sunday, they sure were sweet :-) We watched golf, it was nice to see another person win his first PGA match. Our local Bubba came in third, he still made $421,600.

Joyce and our GS went to Walmart on their way home, he’ll be with us today and tomorrow .

Marg…..Joyce enjoyed her first tomato, there’s another one turning color now.

Pat…..The good thing about the tomato cages built using construction wire is that they can be flattened for storage. My Parker PA friends have been cutting and baling hay for the past three days, some neighbors are helping them.

Marilyn/Marnee….. We didn’t get any rain over the weekend and it doesn’t look like the system is going to develop into anything down at the  Yucatan.

Terry

Viewing 15 posts - 5,281 through 5,295 (of 6,201 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.