WEATHER BIRDS FIRST ANNUAL BACKYARD BIRD BASH

Home Forums Backyard Chat General WEATHER BIRDS FIRST ANNUAL BACKYARD BIRD BASH

This topic contains 5,927 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by margba margba 13 hours, 56 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,056 through 5,070 (of 5,928 total)
  • Author
    4mybackyardpa5
    4mybackyardpa5
    Participant

Hi there!  Had a beautiful 80º  and lots of sun. If the wind would go away, it would be perfect. But I guess we can’t have everything.Easter smileys

Marnee, Your azalea is just gorgeous and so are the tulips. I see my one & only tulip has a coule little green leaves sticking out of the ground.I’ll have to keep my eye on it.Easter smileys

Pat, We are supposed to have a cool spell during the week sometime.Don’t know what that is all about.Easter smileys

Another from Janis!

photo 123.gif

#5131151 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Hi WWB’s!   Warmed  up to the 80s today!  Will be warm again tomorrow, then temps will tumble & rain, maybe even snow Tues!  Ugh!

Marilyn, love the peacocks & the Easter frame!

Mm, great pics of t he flowering tree & other trees!

Posy, hope your dog feels better!

Hi Pat!  Hope you get more pics of the cranes!

Hi Terry!  Hi Hiker!  Hi Sharon!

Hi to Janis, Tina, MaryAnn, Lizzie & all who have not posted in a while!  LATER, GATORS!

#5131406 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Hi All,

We started  at 55 foggy degrees, it’s 80 sunny degrees now with 15-25 mph winds. We have rain just northwest of here, if it’s cloudy tonight we won’t be able to see the “Blood Moon” :-( The bayou was up a good five feet this morning, I couldn’t go to the fishing point. I picked up a large clump of Spanish Moss from the dirt road, I’ll hang it in several oak trees close to our home, the clump filled up the truck seat and floorboard on one side.

I watered all of our vegetable plants and some other container plants this morning. I moved our Bleeding Heart and Moses in the Bull Rush  plants outside yesterday. We have around 25 new bamboo shoots up, they’re 2′-7′ tall and up to 1.5″ in diameter, maybe the critters won’t eat them all. Our yellow native azalea is in full bloom now, I put some flower stems in a vase, now the house smells so good :-) I heard a Pileated Woodpecker chipping a nest hole, it was in our woods. Our American Holly trees are blooming, I need to mark some of the male trees and take them down.

Bubba Watson won the Masters yesterday, he’s from this area, he lived in Bagdad and went to Milton High School just across the Escambia River.

Terry

#5131501 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Today it is close to 80 and very windy.  Yesterday it was very warm, too, and almost 70 degrees overnight here, too.

We have cold front coming in later on tonight for tomorrow with 20s and 30′s for highs the next 2 days and then warming back up to the 60′s.  Spring is changeable here and can have anything be it temps., or wind or wet weather of a kid.  We could have snow accumulations in next 2 days, too.  Just never know.  Deal with it; no other choice.

#5131627 Report Abuse
    woodlandgal_WI_zn4
    woodlandgal_WI_zn4
    Participant

Hi ALL WBs!  It was 26 degrees with an inch of snow on the ground this morning.  It is very windy with a wind chill and the high may hit 37 today.  It has been a cloudy day, but most of the snow has melted already.

Marilyn,  cute pics from Janis and a cute Easter frame!

Terry,  will the Spanish Moss grow where you hung it in the trees?

Marg & Posy,  I can’t imagine what 80 degree temps would feel like.  We have gotten to 60, but that was still 10 degrees below normal.

Have a good day everyone!

Pat ~ West Central WI

#5131656 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Pat….Spanish Moss is a type of  tropical/sub-tropical “air plant”, it will grow in most trees. Just put Spanish Moss in a search box, you can learn all about it :-)

Terry

#5131695 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Good afternoon everyone, it’s another lovely day here. It’s 74 degrees with partly to mostly sunny skies. The clouds are moving in and are supposed to be thicker clouds tonight which may hinder our view for the total lunar eclipse.

I’m late posting as I have been working in the  yard, I needed to do some weeding before the weeds take over. Yesterday I watered the tulips and I just noticed that overnight someone ran off with one of the pink tulips.  Part of my yard is fenced and the azaleas and Yucca are in the very front and not fenced.  Last year I planted pink tulips all around the pink azalea and by the fence.  Seven bloomed this year, four of them by the azalea.  They were all fine yesterday afternoon when I watered them; I just wish people would not help themselves to my flowers.

Terry, I watched the Masters yesterday and was happy to see Bubba Watson Win. I looked up yellow native azalea on the internet and they are really beautiful.

Pat, 26° with snow on the ground is really cold for this time of the year; that’s colder than we get in the winter.

Hi Marg, glad you liked the pictures.

Hi Posy, that’s really a change in the weather from one day to the next there.  How’s your doggie doing?

Marilyn, good pictures and cute Easter frame. I also love your cute little Easter smileys and Easter smileys  also the Easter smileys

Hi Janis, Mary Ann, Sharon, Hiker, Grace, Jill, MaryinMI,, Tina and all that follow.

#5131846 Report Abuse
    4mybackyardpa5
    4mybackyardpa5
    Participant

Hi Everyone! Believe it or not yesterday we had 80º, tonight is going down into the 30s maybe to the mid 40s tomorrow & tomorrow night might go down into the teens! As someone said hopefully this will be the one last blast of winter.

Terry, You’ll have some Spanish Moss of your own now. Easter smileys<span style=”font-size: 13px;”>It will probably dry up & die after a while won’t it?………….Gee, that is interesting about the Spanish Moss. I didn’t know.</span>

Hi Posy!

Hi Pat!

Marnee,The Easter graphics are cute I thought.Easter smileys

DD just got back from a cruise to Mexico & this is on their way from L.A. down to Mexico. This is on the way to Cabo San Lucas.

photo 123.gif

#5132065 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Hi WWBs!  Raining here today, started last night! Will turn to snow later as temps tumble.  In the 60s now.  Will be in the 30s by this evrning, in the 20s overnight w/ snow posdibly!  Ugh!  Hope not!

Marilyn, love the pics!

Mm, sorry folks kerp stealing your flowers!  Frustrating!  Probably kids!  Grrrrr!  Maybe dont plant flowers in your front,

Hi Pat!  Hi Terry!  Hi Hiker!  Hi Sharon!  Hi Posy!

Hi to Janis & all who have not posted in a while here!  LATER, GATORS!

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by margba margba.
    #5132083 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Hi All,

We had strong thunderstorms late yesterday, our gauge ran over at 5″ but a neighbor called and he had recorded 6.25″ by 9:50 PM. I went out and shoveled dirt in our water control berms this morning, they had held up good under 7″-8″ of rain. The creek had been up 7′ but has dropped back to around 2.5′ above normal now. I unplugged our antenna and used rabbit ears to watch TV, there was a lot of thunder and lightning in that storm last night. Janis might get some winds and rains from this cold front, it’s heading her way.

We’re under a freeze watch Wednesday morning, that means some plants come back indoors and the vegetable plants get covered up for the  cold. Our winds are at 30 mph with 50 mph gust. There was a Goldfinch and two Indigo Buntings on our seed feeder while I was working outside.

Marilyn…..Spanish Moss is a air plant, it can live on the ground if need be. It  turns green when wet, my clump is very green this morning from all of the rain.  Two of DW bosses are in Argentina on a golf trip, I think they flew down there with their wives.

Terry

#5132112 Report Abuse
    woodlandgal_WI_zn4
    woodlandgal_WI_zn4
    Participant

Hi ALL WBs!  It was 18 degrees here this morning, going to 38 and cloudy.  We are in a winter storm watch for tonight and tomorrow.  We will probably get some rain and some snow, but up north they could get 6 inches of snow.

The way this spring is going the farmers will not be in the fields by May 1.  It is staying too cold.

Marg,  are the Amish working their fields yet?

Marilyn,  beautiful pics from your DD’s cruise!

Marnee,  I’m sorry some of your tulips got stolen.  Between stealing and destroying things, I don’t know how people can live with themselves.

Did anyone get up to see the eclipse of the moon?  DH was up at that time, but said it was not red here like they showed on TV.

Have a great day everyone!

Pat ~ West Central WI

#5132158 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Hello to everyone…. snow showers here right now………. and dang cold… brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr wind chills in the teens.  Crazy Indiana weather.

I hope everyone who had plants out got them covered and nice and warm.

I don’t put anything out until after Mother’s Day… better safe than replace…

Marilyn, love the cruise pics… looks warm…

Marnee, why would someone steal tulips? That is sad.

Marg, hope you don’t get the snow..

No eclipse here, it was snowing and overcast. Dang it… I missed it the last time due to weather.

Well have  a good day everyone

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5132294 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Good morning everyone, it’s 55° overcast and it feels chilly this morning. It’s supposed to be much cooler today with temps only in the upper 50s lower 60s.

Pat, Last night we were able to see the Lunar Eclipse in the Pacific NW. I watched off and on for several hours. It never really looked all that red to me, more of a reddish shadow.  The 3rd photo the moon was above some trees. I didn’t stay up all night to watch and by the time my little dog, Lollie  got me up again around 3:30 PM the moon was once again full.

Photo

Marilyn, I just love your Easter graphics. Great photos, your DD really takes some great vacations.

Thanks Marg, I love flowers and will continue to plant them both inside and outside my fence; to not have pretty flowers outside would be a shame.

Sharon, you have snow! your poor birds and flowers.  I guess some people don’t realize that taking something that is not theirs is wrong. They just took one tulip and as one of my sisters told me just be happy they just took one; they could have wanted a bouquet.  Last year I was amazed after I planted some flowers there and someone dug out several of the Pansies; don’t think it was squirrels as they didn’t take any from the backyard.  The Pansies  didn’t cost that much so why anyone would take them is beyond me.

Terry, we had lots of  thunder and lightning storms where I grew up; I was a little scared of them. We don’t see lighting very much here in town; when I first moved here I was really surprised at what the people at work called a storm. One or two flashes of lighting and they talked about it for hours.

Hi to all yet to post.

#5132363 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Hi WWBs!  It rained all day here today, w/ just a slight lull.  Temps are indeed tumbling & gave had to turn the heat back on after having it off & windows open since Fri!  Gonna go down to the 30s or 20s tonight!  Dropping from the 60s today to currently 40s, then lower & maybe snow! Hope not!  Ugh!

Hi Sharon!  Sorry you got the snow & freeze!

Hi Mm! Hate to hear that you are having your plants getting stolen!  Have you notified police?  It could add up in costs to you & they might take more if you let it ride!  Maybe get a sec cam!  Love your eclipse pics!

Hi Pat!  Yes, Amish are already out plowing their fields.  Was watching the guy in the field behind here plowing w/ the mule team. I dont take that many pics anymore of that sort of thing except once in a while cuz I have tajen pretty many pics of that in other yrs.  But I always enjoy a field being plowed by Amish or others using horses, mules, tractors, whatnot!  Oh, and ol’Crystal is at it again here — missing a lot of my gardening stuff from under my porch and who else would rake stuff like that?  She has more gardening stuff than me!  Sheesh!  Some ppl!  I will have to keep an eagle eye out on her! I hadnt noticed much irregularities here that could be pointed to her lately but she isnt making much money these days — just wirking in exchg for her rent.  Dont know how she really survives, actually.  She cant get food stamps or welfare money as she is a foreigner!  She doesnt want govt to know where she is!

HibTerry!  Did you get lots of rain downb there!

Hi Marilyn!  Love your pics again!

Hi to Janis, Hiker, Posy, MaryAnn, Lizzie & all who havent posted in a while!  LATER, GATERS!

#5132430 Report Abuse
    4mybackyardpa5
    4mybackyardpa5
    Participant

Hi Everyone! Is 26º as I type this. Suppased to go down into the teens. Can’t make up it’s mind. Was in the low 30s this morning and just never got higher.

Hi Marg! Get out the extra blanket. It’s coming your way.Cold Smiley

Terry, You really got the rain.tiny-smileys-yesemoticons-002 It rained here but not like that. We really don’t know how much, have to buy a new rain gauge, can’t find the old one. Brought it in so it wouldn’t freeze……………..

Hi Pat,Thanks, wouldn’t mind having that weather right now.

Hi Sharon,We never do anything like that till after Memorial Day! I hate going out & covering things & then if it’s windy you have to weight it down.tiny-smileys-yesemoticons-123

Mm. Sorry about your flowers walking off!.Some kids just take the joy out of everything.They have no respect for anyone else’s property….Easter smileys<span style=”font-size: 13px;”>……………………. Great shots of the moon. I forgot all about it.</span>

These are some more pics. from the ship after they left LA. In the bottom picture notice the drug sniffing dog at CUSTOMS going over the food to be loaded on the ship.

photo 123.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 5,056 through 5,070 (of 5,928 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.