WEATHER BIRDS FIRST ANNUAL BACKYARD BIRD BASH

Home Forums Backyard Chat General WEATHER BIRDS FIRST ANNUAL BACKYARD BIRD BASH

This topic contains 5,671 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by 4mybackyardpa5 4mybackyardpa5 16 hours, 11 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 5,672 total)
  • Author

JJ93volvo
    Participant

WEATHER BIRDS WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR EVERYTHING….WE ARE VERY THANKFUL TO ALL WHO GIVE US FOOD AND DRINK……PLEASE EXCUSE OUR ROWDY BEHAVIOR…..BBB…WILL BE A HOOT…..CHECK THEM OUT…..AND WATCH FOR AERIAL ANTICS……

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

AND WE’D LIKE TO TAKE THIS POST TO REMEMBER IN OUR OWN WAY…..

WEATHER BIRDS COME CELEBRATE AND REMINISCE WHILE WE FEAST……

OUR FRIEND MARY ANN HAS PASSED AWAY…..

MAYBE OTHERS WILL STAY…….

WE’RE JUST A FOREST AWAY……

ROOM AND BOARD ON THE PREMISES…..

SO DO DROP IN WITH A TALE TO SPIN

THAT WILL SURELY GET YOU INN…….LOL

HAPPY THANKSGIVING……..

#4543853 Report Abuse

JJ93volvo
    Participant

HIKER WE’LL BE DOING A NEW MAP FOR THE NEW YEAR…..

YOU GO ON AUTOMATICALLY BY MAGIC IF YOU’RE STILL HERE DEAR…LOL

THE BIRDS ARE GOING TO REVISIT THEIR OLD HAUNTS TO REMEMBER HOW GOOD THEY HAVE IT…..

YOU’LL SEE A HUMMER THAT THINKS SHE’S RUNNING THE BASH BUT IT WAS OUR IDEA…ME AND THE MRS……OF COURSE…..

GEORGE C

#4543855 Report Abuse

ma-shirley NC
    Participant

[color=red][size=30]Happy Thanksgiving, weather birds![/color][/size]

We’re having a beautiful fall day. 

photo siggy1.gif

#4543857 Report Abuse

JJ93volvo
    Participant

NOW THE ORDER IS MMARNEE, PAT AND THEN TINA…..ON THE CARDS… AS YOU MAY OR MAY NOT YET KNOW THIS BIRD IS NOT COMPUTER LITERATE…. WAS ONLY ISSUED A BIRD BRAIN…LOL:…

NOW THE ORDER IS MMARNEE, PAT AND THEN TINA…..ON THE CARDS…

AS YOU MAY OR MAY NOT YET KNOW THIS BIRD IS NOT COMPUTER LITERATE….

SEE YOU ALL LATER….GUESTS ARE BEGINNING TO ARRIVE…..

BE BACK LATER WITH REVEALING PHOTOS …LOL

#4543858 Report Abuse

JJ93volvo
    Participant

WOW…AS I POSTED I THOUGHT HOW SPIFFY THIS WOULD BE IF MASHIRLEY WAS DOING IT…LOL….

WE GOT CAUGHT TOGETHER IN THE CROSS WIND…..

HOPE TO SEE YOU LATER…..

SO NICE THAT YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT FALL DAY…ICY HERE THIS AM BUT ALREADY REACHING 35F……

MAYBE I’LL FLY AWAY WITH YOU!…LOL

#4543861 Report Abuse

jw2jw2__ID_zn4
    Participant

Janis, you and your birds are so good!!  I love seeing all they’ve been up to!  Even when I don’t reply, I enjoy reading what everyone is doing!

#4543866 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Wishing all of you a Happy Turkey Day!  Hope you eat and be merry, too!!!!!

Thanks for nice bird pictures.  Always so colorful. 

Have a good one; I am not cooking–on vacation–my DS invited us to his home for dinner just 3 miles out of town on the road toward PA. 

Haven’t seen a bird this morning yet; yesterday there were many.  I have to catch them early in morning around 7 am they seem to be out and about here….I wasn’t up and window watching then!  Need to put my peanuts out for the jays.

#4543872 Report Abuse
    GiddeyUp
    GiddeyUp
    Blocked

[size=22][color=brown]Happy Thanksgiving Everyone ![/size][/color]

May U’r gentle soul rest in peace, sweet MaryAnn … U will be missed …

photo 2.gif

#4543875 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Currently 41°F

Mostly Cloudy

Humidity: 92%

Sunrise: 7:22am

Sunset     4:32pm

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Good morning Janis and everyone, we have some areas of clearing, briefly to start this Thanksgiving. We expect to be dry for awhile today but expect more clouds will be filling in through the day.

Janis, I enjoy all the bird pictures, Mr. & Mrs. Cardinal must have a GPS system and their flyover must be at night as we never see them here in Oregon.

Posy, Happy Birthday, we posted a greeting last night for you and Lollie says I need to repost it here.

It’s really good to see Hiker, Shirley, JW2 and Giddey posted this morning and I also enjoyed the post last night from Tina’s DGson.

My thoughts and Prayers are with Mac’s family.

Hi Terry, Tina, MaryinMi, MtnBabe, Cricket, Marg, Naturelover, Birdbug, hope I didn’t forget anyone.

Some pictures of my hummer yesterday in the rain.

#4543852 Report Abuse

JJ93volvo
    Participant

#4543851 Report Abuse

Hiker07_IL_5
    Participant

Love your posting! Sorry to hear about Mary Ann passing, God bless her soul. How do I get on your map? Have a great day!

#4543924 Report Abuse

JJ93volvo
    Participant

Today

Sunny. High 17C. Winds
    SW at 5 to 10 mph.

Plentiful sunshine. High 64F. Winds SW at 5
    to 10 mph.

64 High

40 Low

0 %

Sunrise Sunset
    7:16 am
    5:09 pm   27F have to get hummers food ready……for his breakfast at 7:20 or she’ll not be happy….
    Sorry I missed your visits yesterday but with the bird bash going on and us going out the day just got away from us…LOL
    Mmarnee thank you for bringing Posy’s birthday card over from the older post….will fly over there later and see if we lost anyone…LOL Just love your red headed hummer there in Or….isn’t it amazing to think that one of your west coast hummers has checked into WV? Hi Lollie…..but not when you see how long WV has been here…..we checked into this house yesterday and as you can see it’s on the historic register…..LOL…from it’s age it should BE the register….LOL…it’s older than the USA………
    JW it’s always nice when you stopover to visit….are you in Co or Idaho? Go to the hot springs recently…i can see the most rising around us as we soak…..um……………….did you see the beautiful ceiling in the Tyree house where we ate Thanksgiving dinner with Bo and John…Bo was born in the house….and told me how there are hundreds of daffodils out back in the spring…..
    Giddy….how nice to see you looking and sounding like your jovial self……thanks for the card…..guess this bird is the only one that didn’t make a card……lucky for you I’d say….LOL….stick around and you’ll see many old friends…..and maybe make some new ones…LOL…..Tillie hear is hosting the bird bash says she…..
    …birds have it in their brain to rehash the year….or was it bash….I ‘ll have to wait and see I suppose…you know how it goes…..I do know that they loved these trees…..a tulip poplar and an elm with one reaching 26-28′ around the base…..
    Where’s Marilyn? Did she go to auction and forget to leave? Or did she have a full house like Tina? Maybe the DGS will be up and say hello to us…..LOL….he speaks our language….and shares whatever he has in his little hand……tried to get George to sit in the elm and listen for some piano music but he said not now…LOL
    ..he said the same thing this morning when we were supposed to go shopping for all the black Friday sales…..doesn’t he know how important that is?…he says that we’re getting company and must stay at home…LOL…
    Terry must be having fun digging thru the trunk with the family……there were all kinds of trunks at the Tyree house….
    Pat hope you had a great day in Wi……get outside any?
    Tillie is not running the bird bash I am says George….
    …oh no ruffled feathers today I see…on black Friday….sure hope the other birds get out of their nest soon……LOL…..Hi Everybody!

#4543925 Report Abuse

JJ93volvo
    Participant

Hi All,

We started at 43 degrees, it’s 63 sunny degrees now. We got to the
    kids home at 10:30, ate at 11:00 AM and came back home at 1:30 PM, Joyce
    has been napping ever since :-) We decided against the Atmore Pow Wow,
    Joyce is going to do our turkey in the rotisserie on Friday.

Janis….Native Americans made beads from bone, antlers,wood, stone,
    clay and sea shells. They started  using  glass and other  “trade beads”
    after Europeans came here. That’s when they also started making 
    “points”(arrow and spear heads) and other tools using hard steels
    brought here. Closes thing to knickers that I wore was   called “deck
    pants” in the mid 60′s.

Terry

We found Terry’s post on the older post and thought everyone would like to know this…..and some how I’m sure that Tina with her haute couture (DGS knows what I’m trying to say) will show or tell us what deck pants are……LOL….pants long enough to polish the deck as you walk?…LOL….this old bird doesn’t have a clue……

It’s so sad that we didn’t coexist better with the natives as we could have learned so much from them…they were really scholars in their own right…..let’s hope this changes in our lifetime…..and that there are still some who would want to teach…..

Here is a stained glass from an Army wife…..learned while her DH was serving….

..I learned wood crafting and auto mechanics while working on a base…just enough to keep the old volvo running and retrofitting with new air…LOL

#4543931 Report Abuse

jw2jw2__ID_zn4
    Participant

Good Morning!

I’m actually in Minnesota now…in fact, my husband, and kids and dogs are all here too!  (for a month now)  It’s nice to have us all together…and starting to get settled now.  Trying to catch out breath!

Today’s sunrise was all a-flame!!  The sky was lit up brilliantly when I walked the dogs!  I really wished I had my camera, but didn’t!  Today will be gorgeous…a high around 45º and sunny.  Tomorrow’s high is only expected to reach 30º and snow expected again.  I’m going to enjoy today!

#4543935 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

It is in mid-40′s on my thermometer outside kitchen window in the shade now.  We had heavy frost this morning early so all was white.

Our Turkey dinner was good and we got home about 6 PM from son’s house.  Saw a fawn it looked like along the road driving home, glad he stayed off to the side.  Of course, it is dark at 5 PM now so not easy driving in the dark for us old folks!  But we were almost into town when we saw it.  The deer roam all over hills and roads here anymore especially during deer season now.  I would hope they would get deep into the woods and stay.

I hear birds chirping outside; I think one is a woodpecker.  We have a lot of them at the suetfeeders year round. 

Looks to be a nice day in the 50′s or near 60 so good for shoppers that are out and about.  I need to get my duds on and get around.  DH reading the papers.  Exercise class was canceled today as the therapists took the day off. 

That Lollie is so cute……thanks for putting her pic and wishes on here for me!  My DS has a cute dog we enjoyed while we were there for dinner…..he is part jack russell and bassett hound, more jackrussell features, though.  Just a loveable dog and watches out the window from the back of a couch.  He had a rough life as a puppy and my DIL took 3 of them from people who had the dogs and weren’t caring for them properly or feeding them….they were foraging for food and fighting over it.  So she took them to the vet and checked them out….she kept 1 herself and the other 2 were placed in caring homes.  Good story.  When she called the vet he told her to get all the pups if she could.  The family wouldn’t give up the 4th one, though DIL tried to talk them into it.  So this dog of hers has a special place in our hearts.  My dog is adopted from the SPCA, no kill shelter here as he was found out running when he was not quite a year old.  He is rough coat Jack Russell.

Hope everyone has a great Friday.  How about the pepper spray incident in LA??????? with all the shoppers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 5,672 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.