2 Iowegians in Wisconsin

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat 2 Iowegians in Wisconsin

This topic contains 26 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by takyslaky takyslaky 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Sandy, I’ve seen those Lilies called Orange Art in catalogs.  But sometimes they will be different names in different catalogs.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5266251 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Charlene-Great photos and great narrative!  You sure made us feel like we were there.  And yes, I love the frogs! lol

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5266278 Report Abuse
    Donna
    Donna
    Participant

Wonderful narrative Charlene, love all the pics. It was almost like being right there with everyone. Thanks for sharing. :)

Donna_Canada_Z_5

#5266284 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

What a wonderful tour of your trip to Wisconsin. It looks like you had some wonderful memories to share with us “stay-at-homes”. Whenever we used to travel we would always try to go to the botanical gardens in the area. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5266324 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Charlene,  thank you for sharing your beautiful trip, it was so much fun to read each picture, you did a wonderful job.

No I’m not a packer fan, but then I don’t watch much football.

Carol

#5266345 Report Abuse
    luvmyb_b
    luvmyb_b
    Participant

Guess I missed this yesterday, Charlene.  It would have been a shame had I not seen it at all.  What a lovely experience you had with Julie!  I’m so glad you took us along for the ride.  It did feel as if we were there with you all.

We are Packer fans at our house so the reference to our favorite football franchise was not lost on me!  I also loved the rainbow garden.  Never thought about doing that before.  Hmmm …  The “butterfly” exhibit was such a great idea also.  I’d never be able to fashion the shape of a butterfly to do it myself, but it does set my brain to thinking about other shapes I might find to plant in.

Thanks for sharing your pics and memories!

photo signature_3.gif
    NW Ohio
    Zn5

#5266352 Report Abuse
    iris43
    iris43
    Participant

Charlene, how I wish we’d been with you in person!  Thank you for thinking of us and bringing us along in thought.

That colouful coleus reminded me of the Joseph’s coat amaranthus that you shared seeds with me.  How very pretty!  I wish I had a coleus just like it.

What a busy day you and the others had.  I was exhausted after just reading of your adventures.  LOL  The burger sounded goo-od!  Yum.

Julie sounds like a wonderful hostess.  And thanks to her we all enjoyed your visit together.  :D

#5266373 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Thanks for taking the time to post this!  Loved all the pics!  Looks so beautiful there!  Thanks for thinking of me re my moving plans, which is this coming wkend!  Lol!  Anyone who has a few plants and seeds to spare, would greatly appreciate anythingv sent me cuz there is ni thing there at the new place as far as flowers, veggies go!

#5266413 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

Fun time, Thanks for that bit of Aqua.

Adair had a big ear of corn in our paper today. Thought of you, Too

Alma

<*)~// Tealbird

#5266464 Report Abuse

hopscotch
    Participant

Thanks for posting, Charlene.  It’s always fun to read your little novellas.  That salesman does sound like me.  I had a lady tell me today that she was giving us her funeral order because of the time I took with her, explaining what I would do, and what flowers I would use to give them the look they wanted.  I may not get to do the order, though, as it has to be delivered on Friday, and I don’t go back to work till then.  I did tell some of the others what it was, and I did save the flowers for the order.

Leroy

#5266547 Report Abuse

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

What beautiful gardens you all were able to enjoy, Charlene ~~~ That would be a wonderful way to spend a day for me. 

How gorgeous all the flowers were and you did a great job of making us feel as if we were right there , walking with you .  It looks like an enjoyable time was had by all ~~~

Thank you so much for sharing ~~~~ :)

Marilyn

#5266572 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

Charlene, good job setting this all up.  You sure got a good picture of that hummingbird at my feeder out front..LOL.  He likes to pose for pictures, and he always checks to see how much sugar water is left inside the the feeder…LOL.  When it gets low he flies up to me and lets me know his feeder is getting empty.  Smarty pants bird.

Thank you Charlene for coming and thanks for the memories.  I hope one day to have another get together here.  We have a lovely area for camping and plenty of things to see and do.  However, my favorite thing is to watch my flowers grow…LOL  Thanks for sharing.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.