The Birds & Blooms Community forums and tools are provided free of charge. By creating an account and posting on this Community, you agree to abide by all guidelines and rules shown below.
Guidelines and Rules
POST APPROPRIATE CONTENT.
- Birds & Blooms provides these forums as a place to discuss birding, gardening, and related topics. The Backyard Chat forums may be used to discuss a variety of additional topics, but all content must be appropriate for a family-friendly site that allows members aged 13 and up.
- Birds & Blooms retains the sole right to determine the appropriateness of all content and will remove content deemed inappropriate. This includes, but is not limited to: member names, posts, threads, images, or links containing profanity, sexually graphic content, and offensive or disrespectful language.
- Participation in, suggesting or encouraging any illegal activity is cause for immediate deletion and suspension of community privileges, and may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
DEMONSTRATE RESPECT FOR ALL.
- Please respect and be civil to other members, even if you disagree with them.
- We will not tolerate abusive, harassing, threatening or racist behavior.
- Mocking, baiting, bickering, taunting, name-calling and uncivil exchanges with other members are not allowed.
- Birds & Blooms provides this site free of charge. Derogatory and disrespectful comments about the magazine, website, community and those who manage those entities will not be permitted.
RESPECT OTHERS’ PRIVACY.
- Users of this site may choose the amount of personal information they wish to provide about themselves. You may not post the personal information of others without first obtaining their consent.
- Do not post messages you or others have received privately (via email, personal messaging, or other method) to the online community forums without written permission from the sender. This includes communications from the Community Manager and other Birds & Blooms staff.
CARE FOR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- These forums are available to the public. For your own safety, please do not post any personally identifiable information like your address, phone number, or email address.
- If you accidentally post this information, contact the Community Manager to have it removed.
RESPECT COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
- You are welcome to post content (including photos) that you did not create, but you MUST obtain permission and provide credit to the original creator of the content, including a link to the website where you found the content, if applicable.
DO NOT POST ADVERTISEMENTS.
- We do not allow posting of spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, junk mail, commercial solicitation or advertising.
- You may post links to websites or businesses with which you have no personal affiliation in order to share products or information you feel others might find helpful.
USE GOOD JUDGMENT.
- Please keep in mind that other members may claim expertise or status (legal, medical, nutrition, etc.) that they do not, in fact, possess. Please use good judgment and discretion in following their advice.
COMPLY WITH ALL MODERATOR REQUESTS.
- Moderators, Site Administrators, and Community Managers are here to provide a safe and enjoyable Community experience. Members must comply with all requests from these moderators, whether made publicly or privately.
REPORT INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT.
- Help keep our community fun and valuable for all members. If you see posts, images or links that are in violation of our guidelines, please click on the “Report Abuse” link to notify our moderators, so they can take appropriate action.
COMMUNITY VIOLATIONS PROCESS
Birds & Blooms reserves the right to remove any content deemed inappropriate and to revoke posting privileges at our discretion and without warning or explanation. However, when possible, we will work with members to obtain a more favorable outcome.
- PRIVATE WARNING. Members who post inappropriate content or behave inappropriately may be warned by Community Managers via email or private message. If the member changes their behavior to comply with the request, no further action will be taken.
- TEMPORARY SUSPENSION. If inappropriate behavior continues, the member will have their posting privileges revoked temporarily, for an amount of time determined by the Community Manager. After the period of the suspension has ended, the member may return to the Community as before.
- PERMANENT SUSPENSION. If the behavior is still not changed after the temporary suspension ends, Birds & Blooms will permanently revoke the member’s Community account.
Warnings and suspensions are considered private matters between Community members and Birds & Blooms staff. No discussion of suspensions or warnings will be permitted on our Community Forums. Any post threads regarding these topics will be deleted by site moderators.