Spring is the perfect time to give plant gifts to friends and family. This DIY garden craft is an easy and inexpensive way to dress up small potted plants (think annuals or African violets) in their springtime best!
Spring DIY Potted Plant Gifts Materials
- Small children’s purse for each plant (I found these in the dollar section at my local Target)
- Small pot to fit inside the purse (make sure it has a built-in dish to catch water runoff)
- Plant(s) of your choice
- Coordinating ribbon (optional)
Spring DIY Potted Plant Gifts Assembly
- To create the hanging plant gift shown on the right in the photo above, I added some yellow ribbon to coordinate with the flowers. I used a large needle to weave the ribbon through the holes as shown, and then tied a bow.
- For both gifts, transfer your plants into the small pots, adding soil and water as needed.
- Place the potted plants into the purses, seating them firmly inside.
- To finish the hanging plant gift, use an additional piece of ribbon to tie the handles together at the top.