Looking for an easy way to mark your garden plants from year to the next, or want to create some DIY garden signs to add some flair to your flower beds? This project uses slate tiles from the flooring section of your local home improvement store to create signs that will hold up to wind and weather.
DIY Garden Signs Supplies:
- Slate flooring tiles – choose large or small tiles to suit your space and needs
- Paint markers in colors of your choice
- Polyacrylic sealer (spray or liquid)
DIY Garden Signs How-To:
- Wipe the tile with a damp cloth to remove dust and debris.
- Use paint markers to create your design and allow to dry.
- Seal with a coat of polyacrylic sealer and allow to dry.
A couple of tips: These are very sturdy, but they can break if dropped onto a hard surface, so take care when carrying and placing tiles. Use bricks or stones to prop up tiles so they are easier to see when placed in your garden.
How would you use these DIY garden signs in your own yard? Tell us in the comments below!