I love giving flower seeds for Valentine’s Day, so I’m always coming up with new ways to present them. This pretty DIY Valentine card has a hint on the cover of what you’ll find inside – a tiny envelope of pansy seeds for spring planting!
Pansy DIY Valentine Card Materials
- 1 packet of pansy seeds
- Metallic cardstock – green, blue, silver
- Pansy embellishments (I used these by Jolee’s Boutique)
- White picket fence embellishments (Also by Jolee’s Boutique)
- Small piece of vellum
- Green wire
- Butterfly paper punch
- Glue stick
- Metallic green pen
Pansy DIY Valentine Card Directions
- Cut blue cardstock to 3.5 X 7 inches. Fold in half to create 3.5 X 3.5 inch card.
- Cut green cardstock to 1 X 3.5 inches. Glue to the bottom of card as shown.
- Glue picket fence embellishment over green cardstock as shown (trim to fit if needed).
- Trim small lengths of green wire and insert into small violet embellishments, between the two layers. Tuck wires into picket fence as desired, and glue pansy flowers into place.
- Glue larger pansy flowers into place as shown.
- Use paper punch to cut butterfly shape from silver cardstock.
- Use metallic green pen to letter “Love” on the front of the butterfly as shown, and glue into place.
- To create small envelope for pansy seeds, cut a piece of vellum about 1.5 inches by 2.5 inches. Fold bottom end up, leaving a small flap at the top. Glue sides of envelope together and allow to dry. Fill with pansy seeds, fold over flap, and glue lightly into place on inside left of card. Letter “Pansy Seeds” on front of envelope.
- Cut 2 X 2 inch piece of silver cardstock, using decorative scissors if desired. Use metallic green pen to write “… is in bloom!” as shown. Leave room for a personalized Valentine’s Day message if desired.
- If you like, you create an envelope for the card using a template such as this one.
Did you know that pansies are edible and can be added to salads for an elegant touch? Learn about more edible flowers here.