In the April/May issue of Birds & Blooms, we featured a travel piece on butterflies in Southern Texas. This is definitely the place to go if you love butterflies. More than 300 species have been found here!
We promised you more great places to visit in The Valley. Thanks to Kenn Kaufman of Kaufman Field Guides for suggesting these. He’s spent a lot of time in The Valley over the years, so we really appreciate the tips.
9 PLACES TO CHECK OUT IN THE VALLEY
- Falcon State Park near Falcon Heights
- Bentsen State Park near Mission
- Quinta Mazatlan Park near McAllen
- Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge near Alamo
- Sabal Palm Audubon Center near Brownsville
- NABA Butterfly Park near Mission
- Frontera Audubon Center near Weslaco
- Estero Llano Grande State Park near Weslaco
- Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge near Rio Hondo