Chances are good you’re spending the weekend dismantling your Christmas tree, taking down the decorations, and finishing off the last of the cookies. But before you toss the rest of your Christmas cards into the recycling bin, why not choose a few that show beautiful birds or blooms images and turn them into easy-to-make bookmarks you can enjoy all year long?
Bookmark Recycled Christmas Card Craft Materials
- Christmas card images of your choice
- Cardstock in color(s) of your choice
- Ribbon in color(s) of your choice
- Tacky craft glue
Bookmark Recycled Christmas Card Craft Assembly
- Using sharp scissors, carefully trim the birds or blooms from your cards however you choose. For each bookmark, trim two separate images, one for each end.
- Cut a piece of ribbon about 5 inches long for each bookmark.
- Apply glue to the back of each Christmas card image. Attach to cardstock, first sandwiching the ends of the ribbon between the two as shown. Allow to dry.
- When glue is dry, trim around cardstock to create a thin border as shown. Be careful not to cut the ribbon as you trim.
You can also add beads or charms, if you choose, or write a special message on the blank cardstock sides to personalize this craft. These easy bookmarks would be fun for kids to help with, and would make lovely gifts for Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day in the months ahead.