1. Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the 50 United States or District of Columbia and legal residents of Canada (excluding the Province of Québec) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. This Contest is sponsored by RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC (“Sponsor”), the publisher of Birds & Blooms. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiary companies, judging agents and promotion partners, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to participate. Contest is void in the Province of Québec and where prohibited by law or otherwise regulated.
2. How To Enter: Contest begins at 12:01 am Central Time on July 1st, 2015 and ends at 11:59 pm Central Time on September 15th, 2015(the “Deadline Date”). All entries must be postmarked by the Deadline Date to be eligible. To enter, mail an unmounted 8”x10” color photograph that typifies one of the entry categories listed below to: “Backyard Photo Contest (#144),” Birds & Blooms, 1610 N. 2nd St., Suite 102, Milwaukee WI 53212. On a separate piece of paper, print your name, street address, daytime telephone number and a few details about the photo: where and when you took it, why the scene caught your eye, a humorous or unusual story behind it, and any other information that would help us write about it. Tape the paper to the back of the photo. Include the name of the category you’d like the photo entered into on this piece of paper. Please do not write on the photograph—this could ruin it. We cannot accept photos via email for this Contest.
Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified. If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest.
Entries should be submitted into one of the three categories: Best of Birds, Best of Flowers, or Best of Butterflies. Entries are limited to one per person, per category. If submitting for multiple categories, you may clearly label entries and send them in a single envelope.
All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned so be sure to keep the negative or original file for your photograph, or send a duplicate print. Please note that prints made at home should be printed on glossy, premium photo stock. Each photograph submitted must be the original work of entrant and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other rights of any person or entity. By submitting your photo for this Contest, you grant Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees all right, title and interest in the submitted entry which includes the right to publish your photo and any other information provided worldwide in all print and electronic media (now or hereafter existing) without time limitation, and the right to include your name and hometown (e.g., city and state) in connection therewith. Sponsor reserves the right to crop, edit, modify, translate, reproduce and distribute the submitted material in any medium and in any manner as it deems appropriate. Sponsor may contact you via phone or email regarding your submission.
3. Judging and Voting: The Birds & Blooms staff will choose four finalists in each category, and post them on www.birdsandblooms.com/contests for public voting in accordance with the Voting Terms and Conditions for this Contest. The 12 finalists (4 in each of 3 categories) will be selected by a panel of Birds & Blooms editors based on the following criteria: originality (20%), quality (60%) and personality (20%). All entries will be judged using the criteria stated above. Judges’ decisions are final. In the event of a tie, the highest scoring entry in the quality category will be the winner. After the 12 finalists are chosen, there will be two user-voting periods. The first voting period will consist of the 12 finalists and will determine one Category Winner for each category. The second voting period will consist of all the Category Winners and will determine a Grand Prize Winner. The first public voting period will be held beginning on or about Nov. 1st, 2015, and ending on or about Nov. 30th, 2015. Users should log onto www.birdsandblooms.com to vote on the 12 finalists, choosing their favorite in each category. The submission that gets the most votes in each category will be the Category Winner and will then go on to the second period to determine the Grand Prize Winner. The second public voting period will be held from about Dec. 1st, 2015 to Dec. 15th, 2015. Limit one vote per person per category in the first voting period and one vote per person in the second voting period. In the event of technical difficulties, voting dates are subject to change without notice.
4. Winners and Prizes: All 12 finalists will have their submissions posted on www.birdsandblooms.com and will each receive a cash prize in the amount of $50.00. The three Category Winners will receive an additional cash prize in the amount of $100.00 each. The Grand Prize Winner, chosen from the three Category Winners, will receive an additional cash prize in the amount of $1,000.00. Each prize is not transferable and cannot be assigned or substituted. All amounts are in U.S. Dollars. Each prize will be payable to the finalist or winner via check or in such other form as may be determined by Sponsor. All taxes, if any, are the responsibility of each finalist and winner. Sponsor will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the acceptance or use of any prize(s). All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded, assuming a sufficient number of qualifying entries is received and meet the minimum judging criteria.
5. Selection of Finalists and Winners: Finalists will be determined and notified on or about October 15th, 2015 by regular mail and/or email. Winners will be determined and notified on or about December 21th, 2015 by regular mail and/or email. Any finalist or winner may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility and Release and Payment Authorization within 30days of prize notification attempt or they will be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate. In the event any finalist or winner is a minor in his or her place of residence, all required documentation must be signed by parent or legal guardian. If any winner is a resident of Canada, he or she will also be required to answer a mathematical time-limited skill-testing question. Failure to answer the question correctly, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies (if any) to use the entrant’s name, hometown (e.g., city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
6. Conditions: Sponsor is not liable for any malfunctions or failures of any telephone network or lines, computer internet system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading/uploading any materials relating to this Contest, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Contest at any time for any reason. In such a circumstance, all finalists and winners will be selected based on entries received to date of termination. Sponsor also reserves the right to modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received and/or an insufficient number of entries meet the minimum judging criteria.
In the event that two similar entries are received, only the entry judged to best meet criteria as set by Sponsor will be included in the final judging. Entrants agree to indemnify Sponsor, its affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Contest. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process.
7. No Recourse to Judicial or Other Procedures/Severability: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction finds the foregoing waiver unenforceable, entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue residing exclusively within the federal or state courts sitting in Milwaukee County in the State of Wisconsin and agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without reference to principles of conflicts of law. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
8. Anticipated Number of Entrants: The total number of contestants anticipated is 8,000.
9. Winners’ List/Consumer Information: Sponsor may share customer information about you with reputable companies in order for them to offer you products and services of interest to you. If you would rather we not share information, or if you wish to receive a list of prize winners, or if you do not want to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest mailings from Sponsor, specify your request and write to: Birds & Blooms Backyard Photo Contest (#144), P.O. Box 50005, Prescott, Arizona 86301-5005. Winners’ list request must be received by September 21, 2016.
|Prizes||Amount||Number of Prizes||Odds||Final Closing Date|
|Category Winner Prize||$100||3||8,000||9/15/15|
|*Depends on the number of eligible entries received.YOU HAVE NOT YET WON.ALL ENTRIES HAVE THE SAME CHANCE OF WINNING.
No one will know who the winner is until after the Contest ends. Final Closing Date is the last date entries are accepted. See Official Rules for details.ENTRY IS FREE.
You don’t have to buy anything to enter. Just fill out the Entry Form as directed. You will be entered for the prize(s) offered in this Contest.BUYING WON’T HELP YOU WIN.Your chances of winning without a purchase are just as good as the chances of someone who buys something.