- I have a great photo to share with your readers. How do I send it?
First, please view our Contributor's Guidelines, which explains our photo requirements. Then, e-mail your submission to email@example.com.
- How do I enter the Backyard Photo Contest?
We hold a new contest every year. For information on the current one, please visit our Contest section. If we are in the voting stage of this cycle, please vote and watch for an upcoming call out for new entries for next year's contest. These will be posted in our Contest section as well.
- I have a question about your Photo Challenge. Can you help?
Please see our Photo Challenge FAQs.
- If I include a self-addressed stamped envelope, will you return my photo?
We regret that we can no longer return reader materials. If your photo is irreplaceable, please make a good-quality copy to share with us.
- What makes a good-quality photo?
Technically speaking, photos need to be 300 dots per inch (dpi) and a file size that's at least 1 MB to print clearly.
- If I send a photo that is used by the magazine, do I get paid for that photo?
When we use a reader's photo in Birds & Blooms , we often send a Birds & Blooms tote to show our appreciation. This is a non-monetary gift and again, not always the case. We receive large amounts of materials for each issue, so we urge you to submit photos for the reward of sharing with our more than one millions subscribers.
- I saw a photo in Birds & Blooms and would like to order a print. How do I do that?
Some prints are for sale through The Scenic Store. Learn more here. Other photos are submitted by our readers or are from professional photographers, and we are not able to distribute them.
- If my photo is published in the magazine or online, will my name be included in the credit?
Yes, we always credit our photos.
- I am a professional photographer and would like to submit photos for publication. How do I do that?
Please use our Submission form to send us a link or lightbox of some of your best work related to birds and gardening. If interested, we will contact you.