Green Thumb Favorites
When they retired, John and Barbara Dunzelman got right to work on their backyard. Here are their favorite perennials and annuals and why they love them.
- Daylilies: Big, beautiful and colorful flowers every day for weeks.
- Lamium: Variegated leaves, bright color. Flowers in spring and early summer, and good ground cover.
- Hosta: Great shades of greens, whites and yellows, always return, multiply, and great contrast for neighboring plants.
- Astilbe: Lacey leaves and flowers, wine, yellow, white and pink.
- Ferns: Great in shade, lacey leaves of varying patterns.
- Dragon Wing Begonia: Large shiny leaves, constant flowers all summer, red, pink and white with no maintenance!
- Petunias: They come in lots of colors.
- Caladium: Beautiful large leaves in striking color contrasts in a shaded area.
- Impatiens: Non-stop flowers that come in all colors, little maintenance.
- Dwarf Dahlia: Constant flowers when deadheaded, lots of bright colors, and they won't droop.