Tin Flower Decoration
Create these tin flowers to decorate any part of your backyard.
Alison W. Auth
1. Cut a strip of aluminum, tin, roof flashing or thin copper into strips about ½ in. high x 2½ in. long. (Be sure to wear gloves and goggles for safety.)
2. Using snips or sharp scissors, cut “fringe” along the length of the metal strip.
3. Take a sturdy wire cut to about 6 in. long and bend the tip into a U shape.
4. Hook the wire at one end of the strip and cinch the wire down in the gap between the last two fringes so that the length of the wire extends below the base of the fringe.
5. Using your fingers, wrap the strip of metal tightly in a circle.
6. Peel the cut pieces down as pictured.
7. Use needle-nose pliers to curl the petals if desired.
Want to see how these pretty tin flowers can be used to spruce up a backyard project? Alison used them to decorate this nesting box. Time to make your own!