Porch Swing Bird Feeder
This porch swing bird feeder will delight people and birds alike!
Get into the swing of things with this unique bird feeder. We chose to use poplar, a wood commonly used for crafts, since this wood comes in the 1/4-inch and 1/2-inch thicknesses used in this project. That way, there's no need to resaw the boards for thickness. You'll find it with the craft woods at home improvement stores.
Here's What You'll Need
- One 1/4-inch x 6-inch x 36-inch poplar board
- One 1/2-inch x 6-inch x 36-inch poplar board
- 4 feet of light-duty chain
- 6-inch x 12-inch window screen
- Four screw eyes
- Two S-hooks
- 1/4-inch staples
- 5/8-inch, 7/8-inch and 1-1/4-inch brads
Download the instructions here.
- Table saw
- Power drill
- Pull saw or backsaw
- Small square
- 7-ounce hammer
- Small nail set